Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
The place to meet and talk with fellow builders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CDU Blank
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HarryZ

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MichaelYSSY wrote:
Harry

Check your power supply for the CDU 12v dc I think,
Like Steve said, also listen for the relay click when the CDU is switched on and off.
If you are certain of signal output then there’s nothing else you can check.

For signal output you can try connecting a spare working screen and you should get the CDU display.

Michael.

Well, I hooked up a 15" monitor to the GPU port that sends the CDU image. When starting the computer, Windows did not like that I changed the monitor from the small CDU one. It changed the resolution on all my monitors. When I finally got that resolved I started up Sim A.

I did see the info that normally shows on the CDU monitor but get this, not on the 15" monitor that I hooked up but on the upper EICAS monitor! The ADI showed up on the new 15" monitor and there were a couple of other changed displays. Not good. But at least I now know that the CDU info is making its way out of the computer and on to a monitor.

When I disconnected the new 15" monitor and plugged in the CDU VGA cable to its original port, the computer would not boot! So I did a system restore and all was returned to its previous display state with no info showing on the CDU monitor but all the displays showing on their proper screens.

So I'm kind of back to square one and leaving on a two week vacation on Saturday. I'll tackle this problem upon my return and may have to bring the CDU to FDS to have them check it out. At least I'll get to see the 737 MAX they have in their showroom Smile)
MichaelYSSY

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harry

Form what you have tested and results you got I think it best to drop in to FDS and have them look at it.

I'm sure they will have you up and running in no time.

Smile

Cheers
Michael
pcos
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a settings issue in Windows.... there are many combinations....
Screen resolution and refresh rates.
The fact that you get the “no synch” message instantly tells us the display is working.
Our test rig will fire this CDU up right away...
Peter
Flightdeck Solutions (FDS)
HarryZ

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pcos wrote:
This is a settings issue in Windows.... there are many combinations....
Screen resolution and refresh rates.
The fact that you get the “no synch” message instantly tells us the display is working.
Our test rig will fire this CDU up right away...
Peter

Peter...previous to the problem starting, the CDU monitor was set to 800 x 600 with a 56 MHz refresh rate. I've tried a few other settings but with no success. Is there a setting that your techies recommend will make the monitor happy again? Thanks.
pcos
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totally system dependant...
Peter
Jblas320

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harry shoot me an email and we'll discuss.

JB
HarryZ

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jblas320 wrote:
Harry shoot me an email and we'll discuss.

JB

Hi JB...just got back from a 2 week holiday and saw your note. Any ideas that you may have will be welcomed.

In all my trouble shooting the only different thing happening during the loading of the Sim A software is the 3 flashes and clicking noise that happens with the CDU before the screen becomes active is that this does not happen. This is likely the issue but why it has happened all of a sudden is a mystery

Thanks
HarryZ

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All,

Was able to talk with Steve today who after a TeamViewer Session was able to determine that my CDU monitor is pooched. Will go to Newmarket next week and take the CDU to the FDS Hospital. At least I now know what the problem is.
pcos
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Outcome....
I (Peter) was sure (based on the description) that Harry was missing something or using a video card that did not want to “play
nice” with our CDU.
Well... it was us... one of our techs opened the unit and found the display ribbon cable was loose enough that it was not able to work...
Harry... sorry I doubted you! Glad we got this fixed and back to you while you were here.

As an aside... Harry.... worked for years at CP Air/Canadian Airlines and actually worked with Steve and my Father. We were pretty surprised when this came up years ago.
Good to see you Harry!
Peter
HarryZ

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pcos wrote:
Outcome....
I (Peter) was sure (based on the description) that Harry was missing something or using a video card that did not want to “play
nice” with our CDU.
Well... it was us... one of our techs opened the unit and found the display ribbon cable was loose enough that it was not able to work...
Harry... sorry I doubted you! Glad we got this fixed and back to you while you were here.

As an aside... Harry.... worked for years at CP Air/Canadian Airlines and actually worked with Steve and my Father. We were pretty surprised when this came up years ago.
Good to see you Harry!
Peter

Thanks for the kind words, Peter. As usual FDS fixed a problem quickly and efficiently. I always love visiting FDS and seeing the absolutely stunning products that you guys build. I hope there wasn't too much drooling from me on the floor after seeing the 737 MAX that you have in the showroom.

And who would have thought when back in the 80's your dad was my boss for several months that I would be associated with you and Steve now.
pcos
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Harry Smile
Jblas320

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harry glad you pressed the issue and got it sorted out. Good job on both sides!!!

JB
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: