Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
Technical Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

IVAO / TS Push to Talk button via SysBoard_Interface / SimA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> Sim-Avionics Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Clamb

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:04 am    Post subject: IVAO / TS Push to Talk button via SysBoard_Interface / SimA Reply with quote

Hi,
I'm looking for a way to trigger IVAO PTT (TS2 basically), on a button connected via SysBoard_Interface.
SysBoard_Interface seems to include a PTT button option, but it seems to be only for VATSIM/Squawkbox.

Rewiring it to a USB Joystick card is not an option.
Basically, it needs to emulate a button press to trigger TS2. Any idea how to solve this?

Best regards
Axel
PatSim

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Axel
I don't use IVAO but VATSIM. My PTT is a yoke button that FSUIPC see's and assigned as PTT. I use vPilot to pick that up.

It doesn't help your problem but why do you want to use a SYSBoard Interface input for PTT?

Pat
X-Plane 11, B738 ZiboMod, ZHSI, FDStoXP
Jetcos

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the SYSboard Controller there is a PTT assignment. Under MISC if I remember correctly.

Next update will have an assignment section for Flight Control switches.
737NGSteffen

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi !
Sorry for being late. Smile I am new to the forum (first Posting here - lol) and to cockpit building as well. While I was looking around for a solution on PTT for Teamspeak2 with IVAO (current old Ivap 2 Client) for my own new setup I stepped on this older posting.

I found 2 solutions that really work for me:

1. PTT on the yokes: this is easy to do without Sim-Avionics but in FSUIPC5. Just assign the yoke's MIC button to Keypress - this key has to be an ASCA compliant key like e.g. SCROLL-LOCK. This is originally for opening of the ATC window in P3D4 which you should not need, when flying online so disable this in P3D4. Assign this button as your PTT in Teamspeak 2 and assign the same key to your PTT Joystick button in FSUIPC. Do not foregt to activate "key press to repeat while held" in FSUIPC. Done.

2. more tricky was assigning the MIC button on the IBL Glare Panel (next to the clock button). This has to be done via Sim-Avionics and a FSUIPC Offset. Go to MISC section (Inputs) in SYSBoard Controller and push your MIC button on the Glareshield. Then assign e.g. FSUIPC Offset 1: 3340 (which is an FSUIPC related adress), Length: 1, Value ON: 1, Value OFF: 0. Save.
Now activate "use FSUIPC Input Offsets" in your Sim-A Server if not already active!
Go to FSUIPC and assign your Teamspeak PTT (the SCROLL-LOCK) to the Offset:
Click "Select for FS Control". Choose "Offset Byte set“ in the pull down menu and assign Offset: 3340, Parameter: 1, activate "control to repeat while held“. Select again "Offset Byte Set“ in the pulldown menu below that line and insert Offset: x3340 Parameter: 0. Save. Now you’re done and have a working MIC button on your IBL glare panel. You may assign any other buttons on your FDS hardware you want to use as PTT likewise I believe. Wink

Using these 2 methods I have assigned the MIC button on both Captain's and FO's yoke and both IBL Glare Panel MIC buttons.

Hope that helps!

For me it is working perfectly fine.
Always three greens!

Steffen

Last edited by 737NGSteffen on Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
MichaelYSSY

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In SysBoard Controller / Input Assignments / TQ & Yoke section there are 3 PTT options (PTT Push To Talk (MIC))

PilotEdge
SB/RW
Scroll Lock Key

Cheers
Michael
FSUIPC 5.154
737NGSteffen

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Micheal!

Ok. Checked. Correct. Maybe I was not precise enough. My apologies.

If you need 4 buttons to assign Wink

Cheers
MichaelYSSY

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steffen

Yes, I was only pointing out that there are PTT options in SysCont.
I don't use them as I too needed more than one PTT

I have three PTT buttons programmed for two headsets and using FSUIPC in conjunction with a sound mixer program that allows me to use intercom and disabling not user mic while transmitting. This method allows multiple MIC PTT buttons to be added.

Cheers
Michael
FSUIPC 5.154
737NGSteffen

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Micheal!

That sounds interesting. I was already thinking about a way of blocking the second mic. Could you provide some more info on that sometimes?

Highly appreciated.

Cheers
MichaelYSSY

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found this on the internet and got it up and running. Was reasonably easy to set up too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZHhV4NaI2A

Cheers
Michael
FSUIPC 5.154
737NGSteffen

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks mate! 😊
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> Sim-Avionics Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: