F-16 Simulator Suggestions

Dedicated to The Support of All Flightdeck Solutions, Ltd Products

Moderators: Curtis, Jetcos

Maj. Harm

F-16 Simulator Suggestions

Post by Maj. Harm »

Hello everyone,
I'm Rusty Wittner just got a few questions for some of u out there...
Here's my problem, I'm just bout ready to build a F-16 flight simulator using FDS panels and I have solved most of my problems of how i'm gonna hook up all of the switches, such and such, etc. lol My problem is i'm not gonna be using FS2002 or FS2004 or anything i'm gonna use Falcon 4.0 w/ US1.08/SP4 to get the max realism. Although the sim is very nicely planned out (about a year and half now) I still can't figure out how to get the MFD's (2 of them) to display the correct menu's etc..
If anyone has any ideas, such as how i can hook these MFD's up and work properly it'd be greatly appreciated.

Little on my background:
My family has all agreed up on tackle'n a f-16 together, regardless of cost. On the team we have a carpenter (very skill full, and can cut out bout anything u'd like wit great accuracy), a very skilled A+ Networker/Programmer, the "Know it all guy" lol :D and me (4 years of Electronics school and 2 more years coming up for college) I know quite a bit of electronics, from analog, digital, microprocessors etc. I'm currently a Private Pilot out of Joplin, Missouri and been flying since I was 13. Been simming since 11, but now i'm bout to go to college (Northern Central Kansas Tech. College to recieve my Associates in Electronics Tech.) and head off to the Air Force Academy hopefully :S

Just thought i'd let u guys in on a little info about me....O and i am currently running my own online Web Development Group called
WiTechOnline http://www.witechonline.com

well if u could give me any information or advice on my problem plz contact me personally at rwittner@witechonline.com
Rusty Wittner
"Maj. Harm"
A MiG at your SiX is better than no MiG at all
-U.S. Fighter Pilot

cwbalmer

Post by cwbalmer »

Hi there Major!!

I would initially suggest lookign at the F16 pit links on Mike's Flightdeck site... http://www.mikesflightdeck.com/simpit_links.htm Some of those guys will have done this I am sure!

Chris.
Regards
Chris

Administrator, Screenshotworld.com
Member of the Bentwaters Aviation Society
Volunteer at the Bentwaters Cold War Museum

pcos
Site Admin

F16

Post by pcos »

Just a note to let you F16 fans know that I am slowly creating ELITE versions of the F16 panels. Same concept. Tested. Look great. Just redrawing, improving.. Checking Paint...

I also created a simple. low cost MFD. Pic is here:

http://www.flightdecksolutions.com/F16-MFD-Feb2304.jpg

This is mad ein the same manner as the NOVA Series CDU kits.
I am using Injected Molded Keys here though.
One of the layers could be changed to be a lense.
This is glossy material and should likely be painted a flat black.
PC

Maj. Harm

Post by Maj. Harm »

Thanks, cwbalmer. I used to have that link BUT lost it and never could find it again lol, Helped me out alot. If anyone else is have'n the same questions then contact me, because I've found out alot so far... PC that panel looks pretty good :wink: I'll be ordering the panels pretty soon, as soon as we get everything all worked out.

I'm bout ready to put the F-16 Sim website online, hopefully within 2 weeks, depends on how work goes along. I'll keep you guys informed.
Rusty Wittner
"Maj. Harm"
A MiG at your SiX is better than no MiG at all
-U.S. Fighter Pilot