Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
Technical Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

LYLE KIRGAN - FEATURED BUILDER
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Customer Project Updates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pcos
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:45 pm    Post subject: LYLE KIRGAN - FEATURED BUILDER Reply with quote

Lyle has been a long time supporter of FDS and over the past few years has put together a very clever setup. One of the best parts of this setup is that it is always "flyable". Lyle started with one of our Single Seat Trainers and has slowly added functionality over a period of time. For Pics and Info:
http://www.flightdecksolutions.com/view_page.php?id=49

Last edited by pcos on Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Joe Cygan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a great way of building a sim. You’re not so susceptible to builders burn out.

I take my hat off to the guys that do it this way. I guess the whole idea of this sim stuff is to fly and not wait five years to do so. I Wish I learned that early on.

Great looking sim Lyle!
dc6driver

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job Lyle, Must be nice to be well immersed in your simulator. Keep up the good work .

Fritz
lkirgan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks neighbor!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
maytham

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good job, Very Happy

Maytham
A340
warvet

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

North Pole Alaska?,
Ok so this year Ill write my Xmas lists Dear Lyle Very Happy instead of Santa. By looks of what your using the delivery service will probably be quicker lol

Great job Lyle nice layout or should I say Lay in Wink

Tim
A340
Canada

Director WorldFlight Canada
Tomlin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TIM! How are things?

Waiting to hear how your event worked out.

Eric

Waycross, Ga (KAYS)
www.Hangar45.net
Tomlin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim, I kinda figured that's what had happend. Sorry to hear it, but as you say when it was "on", it was great!

Talk to ya later,

ERic T

Waycross, Ga (KAYS)
www.Hangar45.net
lkirgan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 7:43 pm    Post subject: View from the pilots seat Reply with quote

I just wanted to show what the inside looked like. Click on the text above the pictures for a short video demonstration. It's not the best it could be but due to space and $$$ it satisfies my flying fix. Enjoy.

Landing KSEA 16C.

Taxi to park.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
gotta_rtb

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lyle,

This has absolutely inspired me to start my cockpit.!!! I have been talking about starting for years but the task always seemed so daunting, now I see how it can be done in a fashion that allows me to sim while building. I have been admiring the pics for a week now but the videos pushed me over the edge. Is most of your equipment from FDS?

I have a 9' x 9' room that is unfinished and been waiting for me to put something in it, I think 1/2 of it done like your cockpit and the other 1/2 office space will work out great. Out of interest what are the dimensions of your cockpit, I am wondering how much space to dedicate to it. If you have any tips or hints and don't mind sharing, I would love to read them.

Thank you!!

Kevin
lkirgan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I wasn't expecting a reply like that... Thanks. Here are the rough dimensions of "The Box":

Floor to roof is 90"
Width at back is 50"
Width at front is "43
Overall length is "74

What I basically did was build the cockpit around the SSTD from Flight Deck Solutions. The reason the SSTD was right for me was first, I didn't have the room for a full size flightdeck and second I am flying by myself most of the time anyway. If you really want to buid your own, then this is the place to be and to have FDS on your side is a great ally and a wonderful company to work with.

Send me an e-mail and I'll pass a couple of pictures your way of my building in progress.
gotta_rtb

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lkirgan wrote:
Wow, I wasn't expecting a reply like that... Thanks. Here are the rough dimensions of "The Box":

Floor to roof is 90"
Width at back is 50"
Width at front is "43
Overall length is "74

What I basically did was build the flightdeck around the SSTD from Flight Deck Solutions. The reason the SSTD was right for me was first, I didn't have the room for a full size flightdeck and second I am flying by myself most of the time anyway. If you really want to buid your own, then this is the place to be and to have FDS on your side is a great ally and a wonderful company to work with.

Send me an e-mail and I'll pass a couple of pictures your way of my building in progress.

Thanks for the dimensions, I am going to contact FDS about the SSTD as it looks like great product and a good place to start. I have some Goflight modules already shipped that I was going to use as well (not sure if the 2 products mix well). Do you use Project Magenta for the glass cockpit software?
Thanks again,
Kevin
PS I will email you, would like to see the progress photos Smile
lkirgan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I have the Full Boeing Project Magenta suite along with PMSystems.

Lyle
Michal

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey! That looks great!

That's pretty much what I'm doing as I'm space restricted myself. I have just about as much room as yourself save a few inches less on the height and a few more on the width. I'll be able to do the MIP as far over as the right edge of the landing gear panel.

I haven't really started on any sort of enclosure yet. I'm starting work on the MIP shortly (it's in preliminary drawings now), but my control stand and overhead is complete.

Great job on that man. Well done.
lkirgan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the kind words. There's a saying out there that says it's not the size that counts it's the blah blah blah. Well I say it's not how it looks on the outside but how it flies on the inside. I also found out that the sooner you get it flying the more you will want to work on it and improve it. It really sucks getting builders burn out, so build a little...fly alot...build a little more... fly alot more... get the idea Razz

Good luck.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Customer Project Updates All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: