FDS-K2 with 767 MCP

This Forum is designed to support and assist in the use of any/all FDS related Interface products.

Moderators: Curtis, Jetcos

Kristoffer

FDS-K2 with 767 MCP

Post by Kristoffer »

I'm wiring my 767 MCP to be used with PM 747 MCP software. The only thing I don't know, how to wire the button LED of the FDS-2. The upper should light all the time and lower when the function is on. Where on the FDS-G1 should I connect the wire of the upper and lower LED?

//Kristoffer Hanberg

pcos
Site Admin

FDS-G1

Post by pcos »

The upper should be fed constant power. Likely better that you supply that outside of the G1.
You would need a resistor if you are using direct power. Many posts on wiring LEDS on this forum. Quite a few links on websites that explain the process.
The Bottom LEDs are "STATUS" and have places on teh G1 if you follow the wiring guide in the manual.
PC

Kristoffer

Post by Kristoffer »

Okej then I can use my LED card a have for the upper. But now I have a secound problem. The LED light all the time not only in ON pos. Any one have a solution on that?

pcos
Site Admin

Lost

Post by pcos »

Lost me..
The Upper Legend in a switch is Constant ON.
the Lower is STATUS.
The G1 is feeding the STATUS.
PC

Kristoffer

Post by Kristoffer »

I have connect the lower LED on to the asigned position on the G1. But when I start FS and PM MCP the lower LED's start to light. And the comand on the PM MCP is OFF so the status of the led should be OFF.

pcos
Site Admin

Not Right

Post by pcos »

Then you have a wiring problem.
You need to disconnect and start with one Switch. Once you see that is corect you need to move forward.
This is a MATRIX setup so if you have one thing wrong it can create issues.
You might be going faster than you should be. At least for the first few items.
This is very number by number in terms of hook up. Go slow.
PC

Kristoffer

Post by Kristoffer »

Thanks for the fast replays and help PCOS. I will take all the blocks from scratch tomorrow. Think the problem will be solved then like you say.

Thanks again!

//Kristoffer Hanberg

pcos
Site Admin

Cool

Post by pcos »

You will find that once you do one switch they are all going to follow the same sort of pattern. I am here if you need.
PC