Sys 3 question - basic output question

This Forum is designed to support and assist in the use of any/all FDS related Interface products.

Moderators: Curtis, Jetcos

pmillerrusso

Sys 3 question - basic output question

Post by pmillerrusso »

Hello,

1. For MIP - On the sys3 board's outputs: if I am going to connect up a led or annunicator will I need to add resistors or other electrical components or simply connect the leds/ annuciators directly to the wires that I see are shipped with the board?

2. If I am not using PM (which I am not planning to) will the annunicators on the MIP be controllable through the FSUIPC configurations or will I have some that I can't control?

Thanks,

Peter

melnato

Post by melnato »

Peter,

Here's an excerpt form SYS FAQ a couple of posts above 8)

1/

FDS-SYS Board common questions:

Q) How many mA can I draw from each output?
A) Each output is designed to run a 20mA LED

Q) What is the output voltage for the board?
A) The FDS-SYS boards run completely off the 5v USB line. Each output is 2.2 – 2.5 volts.

Q) Does it matter if I run the FDS-SYS boards via a powered USB hub vs. running directly off the motherboard?
A) The FDS-SYS boards run fine off of powered USB hubs.

Q) Can the FDS-SYS boards run on a non-powered USB hub?
A) No the FDS-SYS boards are high power USB devices and require to be run off of a powered hub (vs. a non powered hub).

Q) Does total number of LED’s on a FDS-SYS board matter since it is running on the USB power?
A) The FDS-SYS boards LED’s are in a matrix, so there is only a limited number of LED’s on at any given time, which reduces the power requirements.

Q) Do I require any resistors for the LED’s on the FDS-SYS boards?
A) No resistors are required when connecting LED’s to the FDS-SYS boards; however it is possible to utilize resistors to reduce the brightness of specific LED’s.

2/

Yes you will get most of the Main panel to work without PM Systems, except for Glare Wing Warning/Caution

Regards,

Nat

pmillerrusso

Post by pmillerrusso »

Nat,

Thanks for the info on ques # 2 on ques # 1 I guess I did see that in the FAQ but it didn't register in my brain! There is a lot to learn.

Thanks again.

Peter

Viper

Post by Viper »

I hook up the leds right the the cards but if you look in the forums you can use a resistor to change the brightness great for the overhead ones!

:)