Phil Geens B737NG Project Update

A showcase of Projects based around Flightdeck Solutions customers. FDS customers are welcome to post their work.
Please contact pcos@flightdecksolutions.com for photo updating and posting if you require assistance.

Moderator: Jetcos

pcos
Site Admin

Phil Geens B737NG Project Update

Post by pcos »

Phil has been a long time supporter of FDS parts and is always making large strides in progress. The latest update from Phil shows the interior portion of his setup lit up and in very flyable condition. Phil is using a real B737 nose that is INSIDE his house. His visual system is made up of numerous Large LCD Flat Panels. Thank you for the update Phil! PC
Pics Here:
http://www.flightdecksolutions.com/view_page.php?id=56

Last edited by pcos on Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

warvet

Post by warvet »

Im not much of a Boeing fan as everyone knows a little point I never hide, but I'm one of the first to say it's not because their product is not a great airplane or that its not well built its personal preference. That said, i must say that your project is absolutely fantastic and congratulations on such super work you've done.Great job Phil. :D :D

Tim
A340
Canada

melnato

Post by melnato »

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Phil Who? :D ...kidding

Thats is so amazing! It must be so nice to sit in a real shell.
The FDS parts look right at home too...
Congratulations mate.

Nat

737NG Lover

Post by 737NG Lover »

I like. 8) very nice!
Avid 737NG lover, starting my project soon.

Karl

Post by Karl »

Hi Phil, great job. I see that you have some sort of large LCD/Plasma screen set-up going on, what are the specs, and how have you config them??

All the Best,
Karl
B737NG Builder

Phil

Post by Phil »

hello,
i used 5 37inch flat tv screens. The front, front left and front right view are attached to a Matrox Parhelia 256mb, the left and right view are attached to a 2nd computer also with the Parhelia, also using wideview.
Phil.G.

vidarf

Post by vidarf »

How is the performance with the Parhelia? I have an old version, but with flightsim 98 it was horrible!

Phil

Post by Phil »

performance is pretty good, just the cloud settings are not at full, and the known wheather problem getting it sicronised on the other pc.
I got in the next few days a new computer that will be abel to stear my 5 screens on 1 pc, using the TH2GO and a second good graphic card for my other 2 screens. i will post on this one more once i got it all to work.
Phil.G.

Phil

Post by Phil »

i just don't know how to get these blue lines around the views away, has someone experience with this ?
Phil.G.

vidarf

Post by vidarf »

That's because you run the sim in windowed mode. Try to press ALT and ENTER at the same time, and you'll go to full screen.

Another option would be to alter your screen setup to get the borders black.
Right click the desktop and select "preferences". Then choose "appearance" (or whatever it is in english versions - the tap between screen saver and setup).
Select "advanced".
Now click on the border around "active window". The drop-down box should read "active window border" or something similar.

Alter the color to black. Also use black as the desktop color (never use a background picture, as it decreases performance).

Good luck, tell us how it goes! :)

Karl

Post by Karl »

Thanks Phil, looking forward to another post once you have updated your computer along with the TH2GO.

All the Best,
Karl
B737NG Builder

boeing727223

Great Job

Post by boeing727223 »

Hey Phil, that is excellent work, where did you get all the parts? It looks like the panels are from Flight Deck Solutions, but are all the rest of the parts from the nose section? You must be one of those electronically gifted geniuses getting all that stuff to work, nice job! :lol:
Philip A Ralabate

Phil

Post by Phil »

I got my overhead linings from www.northernflightsim.com The persons name is Art, and he is capable to get you what you need. He also sells yokes, seatrails … He is really a great person.My rudder pedals are also from him, also wired perfect by Jonathan from PM. The windows are also from rt. The yokes are from www.simw.com , i asked them to make them dual linked, thottle is also from simw.com.
The glareshield is also from Art. Jonathan from PM wired it totaly (thanks Jonathan) It has real announciators and working perferfect with PM systems. For the moment Art is als preparing a real throttle and radio bay.
The cockpit itself was a real one from Southwest. It came by boat from the US to Belgium.
Phil.G.

Phil

Post by Phil »

as you also can see in the picures, all the panels are from FDS with IBL, they are fantastic. Thanks Peter for the support, just perfect.
Phil.G.

ak49er

Post by ak49er »

phil, I can't find the yokes on simware, cold you provide more info?
737-200 FBTD (in planning)
737-R00 90% Recycled/Salvage Parts

UH-1 Fuselage(multi-platform rotary-wing FBTD)