MCP and PMDG

This Forum is designed to support and assist in the use of any/all FDS related Interface products.

Moderators: Curtis, Jetcos

robby1976

MCP and PMDG

Post by robby1976 »

Hi everyone here,

I'm pretty new to this cockpit building hobby of mine. I'm in the process of building a full scale 737 flight deck.

Here is my question for today though: I have just ordered the MCP and the EFIS from FDS. I was wondering, if there is a way for me to use it on the PMDG without having to spend a fortune on PM? I know that one of the compeditor MCP's does that. Anyone knows, if its possible, and if yes, how to do it?

Help is greatly appreciated.

Robert

pcos
Site Admin

MCP PMDG

Post by pcos »

We do not currently support PMDG with our MCP/EFIS setup.
Done correctly would require some discussion between FDS and PMDG to sort out the SDK issues we would need as well as related items.
Both parties are likely ok to go forward but time and other projects are currently keeping us busy.
If you are planning to build a "full blown sim" you might want to look at PM more seriously. It is the ideal approach for larger projects....
Somewhat the standard at the moment.
PC

robby1976

Post by robby1976 »

Adventually I was going for PM in any case, but that will require 4 new pc's and a MIP before I can even think about it. I really want to keep flying as long as I can before I have to do this.

But I guess I have to wait until I have the full MIP before I can actually use it then.

Thanks

pcos
Site Admin

PMDG

Post by pcos »

The PMDG people are good folks and I would like to make sure that when and if we connect with them its an "authorized" and "supported" setup.
I think we owe that to you and to them...
PC

vidarf

Post by vidarf »

Just to shoot in a bit here:

You don't need 4 PC's for PM - you can run it on 2 or 3, but the performance will suffer. I actually run FS and PM on just one computer, and it works - sluggish yes, but it works.

I would recommend you to buy PM as soon as possible. Even if you don't have the MIP, you can still fly with it! A guy I know actually made a VERY simple "desktop" with two levels. He placed the PM monitors on the lower shelf and the FS monitor on top. Then he printed out an image of a MIP, glued it onto some hard carton, cut out the holes for the screens and he was good to go. :)

For a temporarily solution, this would work very well.

Love your idea of "fly while you build"! I try to follow that myself!