Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
The place to meet and talk with fellow builders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Home build backlighting and interfacing to FS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS - Interface Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimbo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:31 am    Post subject: Home build backlighting and interfacing to FS Reply with quote

Hi guys,

Im gonna be using a mixture of home built LED 12V backlighting on my SIG MIP and IBL on the rest of the flightdeck. I will want it all to "answer to the same switch. Given that the IBL runs on its own power supply and MIP runs on its own supply, how do I get it all to talk?

James
A320East

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jimbo,

I have the same thing going on in my A320 - Signature MIP (LED) and FDS IBL Pedestal....

In my setup there is one knob on the pedestal that controls the brightness of the MIP and Pedestal lighting. I have two separate power supplies - one for the LED backlighting I used on the Signature MIP at 0-12 volts and one for the IBL Pedestal panels at 0-5 volts. I simply used a potentiometer that has two elements hooking each of them up to the appropriate supply thereby controlling both with one knob.

Since you said "one switch" in your question I take it that you will not be dimming your backlighting so you simply need to get a switch that has two or more sets of "poles" or contacts and do the same as I did - hook each supply through a set of poles on the switch. This type of switch is known as a "dual pole" type.

As you might guess Peter has these in stock and can supply you with whatever you might need!
jimbo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Christopher,

Thats very clear. One less problem. Thanks for the help.

James
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS - Interface Products All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: