Home build backlighting and interfacing to FS

This Forum is designed to support and assist in the use of any/all FDS related Interface products.

Moderators: Curtis, Jetcos

jimbo

Home build backlighting and interfacing to FS

Post by jimbo »

Hi guys,

Im gonna be using a mixture of home built LED 12V backlighting on my SIG MIP and IBL on the rest of the flightdeck. I will want it all to "answer to the same switch. Given that the IBL runs on its own power supply and MIP runs on its own supply, how do I get it all to talk?

James
IBL Signiture Boeing 767 300 Builder.
Skype james.webster4

A320East

Post by A320East »

Jimbo,

I have the same thing going on in my A320 - Signature MIP (LED) and FDS IBL Pedestal....

In my setup there is one knob on the pedestal that controls the brightness of the MIP and Pedestal lighting. I have two separate power supplies - one for the LED backlighting I used on the Signature MIP at 0-12 volts and one for the IBL Pedestal panels at 0-5 volts. I simply used a potentiometer that has two elements hooking each of them up to the appropriate supply thereby controlling both with one knob.

Since you said "one switch" in your question I take it that you will not be dimming your backlighting so you simply need to get a switch that has two or more sets of "poles" or contacts and do the same as I did - hook each supply through a set of poles on the switch. This type of switch is known as a "dual pole" type.

As you might guess Peter has these in stock and can supply you with whatever you might need!
Christopher
"A320East"

jimbo

Post by jimbo »

Thanks Christopher,

Thats very clear. One less problem. Thanks for the help.

James
IBL Signiture Boeing 767 300 Builder.
Skype james.webster4