Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
The place to meet and talk with fellow builders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Main Panel DU's

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS - Interface Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ARUBIO

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:31 pm    Post subject: Main Panel DU's Reply with quote

Hello all,

Hope someone can help shed some light on the subject. We have FDS SYS3 card and interfaceIT software and we are trying to configure the rotary switches to perfom DU swithching, to show the different displays...

Does anyone have the full .XMLs for these they can share with us, will be greatly appreciated.

Alex
Ivar Hestnes

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I know.

DU-switching is not supported by Project Magenta, and thats why there is no XML-files for this.

Smile
ARUBIO

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ivar Hestnes wrote:
As far as I know.

DU-switching is not supported by Project Magenta, and thats why there is no XML-files for this.

Smile

I don't see why not, the functionality is available from within PM systems. You can change the displays by hitting the TAB key, if I'm not mistaking, I might be wrong on the TAB key, it might be an F key, but it is defenitely there...

Thanks,

Alex
vidarf

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that you can control the display setup with keyboard commands. Perhaps sending keyboard commands to the glass cockpit via FSUIPC?
A320East

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys,

I'm an A320 guy but I think you might be talking about the following offset and values... In the PM glass cockpit for the airbus it toggles the position of the PFD and ND displays. - I think this is similar to what you are trying to do in the Boeing world. There is limited documentaion regarding this somewhere in the PM stuff...I recall seeing it and I'll try to find it and post here.

Give it a swing using your Sys cards - thats what I did and it works great. You may have to play with image positioning (in PM) very carefully as in my setup when the displays switched positions initially they weren't in the correct position on the LCD in relation to the MIP frame.

Offset 04F4. Values 601,602 switch the Capt displays and 621,622 switch the F/O displays.
A320East

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try reading the doc for "Project Magenta FSUIPC Offsets" at the following location...

http://www.projectmagenta.com/pmoffsets.html

Check out offset 04F4, it's where I first read about changing the displays - it wasn't initially configured in the bus software but folowing an email to Enrico he released an updated rev to include it. Perhaps if it's not what you want you may be able to go the same route as I did with an email.

In any case whatever the offset is that you need the beautiful thing about the Sys cards is that you'll be able to punch in the right numbers and link your switches to it!

Hope some of this was a help to you....
ARUBIO

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A320East wrote:
Try reading the doc for "Project Magenta FSUIPC Offsets" at the following location...

http://www.projectmagenta.com/pmoffsets.html

Check out offset 04F4, it's where I first read about changing the displays - it wasn't initially configured in the bus software but folowing an email to Enrico he released an updated rev to include it. Perhaps if it's not what you want you may be able to go the same route as I did with an email.

In any case whatever the offset is that you need the beautiful thing about the Sys cards is that you'll be able to punch in the right numbers and link your switches to it!

Hope some of this was a help to you....

Chris,

Thanks so much for your help, I will try these and see if it takes care of that. I had looked at the Offsets before, but I guess I did not look close enough, THANKS!

Alex

BTW, do you have any info on how we can get the AFDSs working?, I've seen a lot of posts about it and also someone was very close to having it 100% operational, but then no more messages were posted... I wrote to that author at his own site, but have not gotten a response. Thanks again!
A320East

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex, you're most welcome - hope it helps out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS - Interface Products All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: