Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
The place to meet and talk with fellow builders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Six Pack Master Caution and Fire Switch Assignments
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS - Interface Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cdjung1

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:08 pm    Post subject: Six Pack Master Caution and Fire Switch Assignments Reply with quote

Hello,

I have successfully connected the six packs to the sysboards and verified functionality with the switches and LED's (it looks awesome by the way).

I currently have the master caution and fire switches assigned to the appropriate PM systems variables, but I am not sure of the appropriate bit assignment. Since it is a momentary switch I have it set to "Toggle bit", but I can't verify if this is the correct setting. Can anyone assist?

Thanks!

Chris
SWeker

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't honestly remember off hand, why don't you just download the appropriate XML file within InterfaceIT? No need to fuss around. Let me know if you want to do it manually, and I'll verify. Cheers, Steve
cdjung1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply, I downloaded the preloaded files as you suggested. I had thought all of the sixpack functions had to come direct from pm assigned variables and didn't see that those switch functions had been loaded.

By any chance do you know the difference between the normal and "reverse" master caution presets? I tried both and thought that the master caution switch functioned as a "recall" switch meaning that you could press it to turn off the warning indicators and then hit it again to bring up six pack warning indicator leds. As it stands now it only appears to turn on and off when I press the button (no clear tie in to the system logic that I can see) Any direction on how this ought to work would be great.

CJ
pcos
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:37 am    Post subject: Reverse Reply with quote

The "reverse" XML was added for a few folks that built the Wing setup in "Kit form" and soldered the switch incorrectly. Ended up with normally closed configs. You will not need that XML. Serves to purpose other than to correct something.
PC
cdjung1

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All,

I downloaded and applied the master caution function for the glare wing assembly and have tested it with PM Systems. I am still perplexed by the behavior of the switch and restate my original question... Just how is the switch supposed to function?

I had thought that it would light up if there was a non-standard condition as reflected by an indicator light on the six-pack annunciators and that it was programmed to act as a "recall" switch in that you would hit the switch and the caution light would extinguish along with the warnings from the annunciators to be recalled later at the appropriate time to ensure that all conditions were properly set. As it stands there appears to be no system logic connection between the master caution light and anything else.

The left glare wing master caution light comes on when I first launch PM systems and pressing it occasionally results in it turning off and then on, I can't discern any pattern to when it illuminates related to pressing the switch. Pressing the right side master caution switch results in the left side light coming on but no light illuminates on the right side master caution switch.

In order to diagnose the problem the first fact that I need to know is exactly how the switch has been implemented and how is it SUPPOSED to function with PM Systems. Any help would be much appreciated. (Note- all led's and switches show up as properly functioning in test mode for the InterfaceIT software and the LED's in the six pack annunciators are working perfectly.) Thanks as ever for any assistance.

CJ
pcos
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:35 pm    Post subject: Hmmm Reply with quote

Chris,
You do get that this is purely a software question correct?
The Wing unit we make is a series of switches and annunciation...
PM Systems (In your case) are responding and triggering the device.
ALL of the LOGIC here is in PM Systems.
So.. I am not sure what I can do to help you on this one....
PC
SWeker

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To troubleshoot, I would suggest seeing if your 'Master Caution' annunciator is reacting exactly the same as the 'Master Caution' graphic within PM Systems. If they act the same, you know your question is with PM Systems, and I would recommend contacting them.

My caution light will turn off when pushed as well, even though items on the six pack remain illuminated. If a new item on the six pack lights up, the master caution will again light up.

Hope that helps....Good luck!
cdjung1

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All,

Thanks for the advice. I realize that the logic is run by PM systems. I was just hoping that someone knew how that logic was programmed to run so that I could tell if it was working properly. I will try the suggestion and then probably write to Thomas to make sure I understand. BTW the new version of PM is much improved.

CJ
ARUBIO

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdjung1 wrote:
All,

Thanks for the advice. I realize that the logic is run by PM systems. I was just hoping that someone knew how that logic was programmed to run so that I could tell if it was working properly. I will try the suggestion and then probably write to Thomas to make sure I understand. BTW the new version of PM is much improved.

CJ

CDJung,

I'm experiencing issues myself and was wondering if you indeed got this resolved, if so, would you please share your configuration with us?

Greatly appreciated.

Alex
ARUBIO

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SWeker wrote:
To troubleshoot, I would suggest seeing if your 'Master Caution' annunciator is reacting exactly the same as the 'Master Caution' graphic within PM Systems. If they act the same, you know your question is with PM Systems, and I would recommend contacting them.

My caution light will turn off when pushed as well, even though items on the six pack remain illuminated. If a new item on the six pack lights up, the master caution will again light up.

Hope that helps....Good luck!

Steve, where is that "Master Caution" Graphic?, I have not seen it, that would be helpful to see...

The issue that I'm having is that the MC light is always on and while pressed it turns off but as soon as it is released it lights up again...

Also Steve, I sent you e-mail to your address from your site, but I have not heard from you it is related to ADFS. Pleaaaaaassse help...!
vidarf

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try zooming out until you see the whole overhead. The annunciators is placed at the left bottom of the screen (737).
ARUBIO

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vidarf wrote:
Try zooming out until you see the whole overhead. The annunciators is placed at the left bottom of the screen (737).

Great, thanks for your help vidarf... Would you happen to have complete .XMLs for the master caution/sixpack, etc? and possibly the ADFS?

Thanks again,

Alex
vidarf

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, no. I don't have the MIP+glare yet, so can't help you there. Sad
pcos
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:17 pm    Post subject: XML Reply with quote

The XMLs you are asking for are available in the DOWNLOAD section of the SYS software.
Please check that. They have been up for awhile.
PC
ARUBIO

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:03 pm    Post subject: Re: XML Reply with quote

pcos wrote:
The XMLs you are asking for are available in the DOWNLOAD section of the SYS software.
Please check that. They have been up for awhile.
PC

I have downloaded and installed those, but now we have the issue explained above, that the master caution remains lit even after the button has been pressed...

THought that since CDJung posted that he has successfully configured it, maybe he can share his XMLS...

Thanks,

Alex
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS - Interface Products All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: