Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
Technical Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lambis G - B777 Project Update (With New Visuals)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Customer Project Updates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pcos
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:21 pm    Post subject: Lambis G - B777 Project Update (With New Visuals) Reply with quote

Lambis continues to forge ahead with his B777 project and various elements. This current update shows a very complete forward section as well as a new Three Projector/Screen System. Always nice to get the latest news from Lambis!

More Pictures Here:
http://www.flightdecksolutions.com/view_page.php?id=59

Last edited by pcos on Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
melnato

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yum yum! Thats look so hot mate.

Love the warm glow on Boeing Brown panels. Superb!

Thanks for the inspiration Lambis.

Nat
bwr014

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice!

Funny enough i did send Pete yesterday as well a update pic of my setup with the visuals that look simulare like yours.. maybe Pete can show it as well

( i know ... it will be a airbus so not much brown in that.. Rolling Eyes )

gr.

Frans M
frans@flightdecksoltions.com
ludwig

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool set!! Despite being an Airbus lover can't help liking also Boeing pits!! Surprised

INSTRUCTOR STATION
www.iStationGordo.com
747-400PILOT

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great looking setup.
Keep up the good work

Sean Very Happy Very Happy
Lambis777

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the good words.
Always try my best but this takes time , i am building this sim seven years , and i think i have 2-3 years more to finish it.

I need a help in the issue of the visuals and only the experience of those how use 3 views can help me.

I get 16-20 frames and the sliders in the fsx are close to minimum.

i use the 8800 gts to get the 2 views and i use one more smaller card 6200 to get the last view.

The other options as far as i know are :
the triple head 2 go (hardware) and the wideview (software).
But i don`t have try them.

I want an opinion before make any move.
Which is the best way to get more frames?

Also i have a query about the triplehead2go.
Can give us 3 views of 135 degree field of view with ZOOM 1.00?

Because as i read in the forums i understand it can`t do it this.

And the only way to give us 135 degree in 3 views is the zoom must is to 0,33 BUT this zoom it will show an unrealistic view and the objects they look very far.
This is true?

Best Regards
Lambis
Greece
RealFlight

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very very nice your work Mr. Lambis look's like a real cockpit 777s....so i wish could you upload for us some video clips...soon,and good luck

Best Regards

K.J.Almutiri
747-400PILOT

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Using the TH2go would be one way of dealing with framerate issue as flightsim would only be dealing with 1 video card & not trying to proccess 3 veiws at once.

By zooming out at 0.33 with the TH2go this brings everything back into perspective as though you were looking at 1.00 on a standard set up.

If you were to zoom out to 0.33 on your current set up , yes this would then make objects look very far.

When using the TH2go with zoom 0.33 you will have to change the runway/taxiway lights cfg file. Otherwise they will look to large.
I'm not sure how to do this with FSX , as I'm using 2004 .

Hope this helps.

Sean
Lambis777

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read this that NicD says

http://www.flightdecksolutions.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3126

and as understand he runs 3 new views above the one big that generate the triplehead2go ,to correct the perspective.
But i am not sure if understand very well (i am not so good in English)

You say the objects has the same size AND with
zoom 0,33 in 3 views
AND with
zoom 1.00 in one view?
No difference in objects and perspective?

---------------
Almutiri i will try to make some video soon.

Lambis
Greece
Ivar Hestnes

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lambis.

I love your interior. Just beatyful. It looks just like the real thing. Lots of nice detail and cant imagine how many hours spent to get this result.

Your cockpit sure would deserve a wrap-around visual.

Did you have access to a real 777 for measuring?

Smile
Jon Boe

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lambis,

First of all congratulations on a superlative job with your 777. It looks very professional.

Regarding your questions on the 3-view graphics I would offer the following opinions.

Multiple graphics cards in the PC: From your post I assume that this is what you are using today. Actually, I'm surprised that your FPS is has high as it is since the CPU has to generate three images - left, front and center. But, as you have discovered, it does work.

Use the TH2G: The triple head to go can be used two ways. First, is simply generate a single image that is 3 times wider than the standard image and cut your zoom factor accordingly to reflect the proper perspective.

The following link over at AVSIM provides some analysis of the TH2G using this approach with FSX.

http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.phpaz=show_topic&forum=197&topic_id=31320&mesg_id=31320

Basically, you get a nearly 1/3 reduction in frame rates by spreading the display 3-wide.

The second way to use the TH2G emulates what you are doing today with two graphics cards. This requires the CPU toagain generate 3 images, which with FSX is a severe strain on the processor. Several builders have successfully used the TH2G on FS9 with this approach but the FPS will probably be only slightly better than what you are experiencing with your present setup when using FSX.

WidevieW: Wideview uses one computer as a server to generat the flight dynamics and sounds, then client computersto generate the out-of-cockpit graphics. I used this approach with FS9 and then FSX successfully. With FSXmy rather ancient P4's operating at 3 GHZ with 2 GB RAM ran FSX at moderate settings (no autogen) in the 20'sat some of the larger airports and in the 30's while airborne. With FSX, and the ability to track specific
locations, AI traffic can be synchronized, as is the weather. The key to Wideview is common computers for the clients and don't use the server for graphics. I found this to work well and very immersive, particularly with the WideTraffic addon to synchronize the AI.

I'm presently in the process of totally rebuilding my sim and am planning to use the TH2G on a flat screen basis as an interim step to assess the heat impact of my new server computer (3.8GHz QuadCore). If things work out and I don't have to add a couple tons of AC, I'll add the 3 clients and angle my screens again. My interim flat screen approach will give me a 110 degree angle of view. My old angled screen approach was 130 degrees so I'm really not losing that much field of view wise but I think I will lose some of the sense of motion.

With whatever approach you take you can determine the appropriate zoom factor by measuring the angle from the pilot eyepoint between two points on your screen, then turning the aircraft from point 1 to point 2 and observing the degree change on the aircraft compass. When reality aligns with what the AC compass says you have the zoom factor set correctly for the size of your screens and the distance away from your eyepoint.

Hope this helps.

Jon
Lambis777

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Sean and Jon for the great infos.

Jon the link is dead.

About the zoom factor Jon i have make it as you say and in the fs9 is 1.00 and in the FSX is 0,71+ ( 2 tap with shift and + )
and i get 45 degree in each view.

Ivar , no i am not have access to real cockpit.
We don`t have 777 in Greece Sad
Maybe is very expensive for the Greek airlines.
Everything i have build is from photos.
Study the photos from many angles, the part that i want to make and then build direct to the sim.
This is the easy way for me.

Lambis
Greece[/img]
Jon Boe

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about that! Try this one..

http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=197&topic_id=31320&mode=full
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Customer Project Updates All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: