Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
Technical Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Start up/shutdown computers
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> Open Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jackpilot
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:40 am    Post subject: Start up/shutdown computers Reply with quote

Apparently it is better to close all running programs before shutting down a computer...
First question: My clients start their own programs auto with the startup menu .Can each of these program (PFD/ND WideClient PMSound..etc )be automatically and individually closed before the computer shutdown.?

Second question: The auto shutdown on the FMC does not work....computers shutdown and RESTART...(and the resart was NOT selected on the previous shutdown). must miss something.
A320East

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jack

Assuming you are using multiple client computers all running WideFS (Wide Client) you can simply use the start menu to run Wide Client on computer startup, then modify the WideClient .ini file to "Run Ready..." the programs you want to use on each of the clients. "Run Ready" will wait until FS is stable and starts serving the clients before it starts the other programs. If you also use the "Close Ready..." and "Allow Shutdown" commands in the .ini file, the FMC generated shutdown command should work for you. Not sure why your machines are restarting..??

I use 11 machines in my network, and utilizing the above WideFS features it takes only one master AC power switch to bring the sim alive and sitting at the gate and then only the FMC shoutdown command to close everything properly and shut them all down at which time the master AC switch can be flicked off.

Reference to the mentioned commands can be found in the WideFS documentation and many on here are also well familiar if you still need assistance.

...hope this helps...
jackpilot
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wilco....Thanks a ton.
warvet

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey chris,
Can you give us a detailed explanation how to do the touch one button all starts up and closes properly please, if its not to much trouble.

for example
Step 1
find ini file in Wide FS for computer 1
Step 2
type Run wait ASV6 bah blah etc

Im sure we all pretty much have relatively same weather programs, PM proggys etc

Thanks a bunch in Advance Chris, I know this will help a bunch of builders.

regards

Tim
A340
Canada
A320East

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure Tim,will do.

I'll have to put this together when I get home and in front of all my .ini files as it's pretty straight forward when you see those. They will differ slightly for specific setups but it's all very easy using mine as examples.
mauriceb

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While you are at it Chris, can you describe a procedure to push only one button and have your simulator fly & land a programmed route without any pilot intervention of any kind. Twisted Evil . At the very least. a one switch approach to replace all the overhead switches functionality would be very useful.

In fact, if you could somehow rig up something to a TV remote, I wouldn't even need to get my ass off the couch & to the basement to start, fly & finish a flight. Laughing

Isn't technology great? Wink Soon, you will only need to think about it and it will be done. Ok dear, I'm going to Hawaii now. Two seconds later, Honey, I'm back..Is supper ready? Twisted Evil

Maurice
barrykensett

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We use a timer on our video recorder to record programmes while we are out, however we have now more programmes than we have time to watch. Just got one of these new Irish machines that lets you programme the playback as well so that they can run while you are out also. Only problem is I cannot record and playback simultaneously so might need to parallel the two machines.
A320East

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok- you two are even more out to lunch than Tim is.....

...I can't even think of any come backs to either of those!

Rolling Eyes Idea
mauriceb

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maurice

ps This is nice. I saved so much time by just thinking about my reply Laughing
A320East

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maurice..... truly you're are a tool!

....I'll work on the remote interface thingy Sunday when I get home from NB where I am for business...

I think I might be able to interface an old wired remote I still have from my first beta machine to operate the trap door in your depends..... the vintage of that remote shouldn't imtimidate a gentelman of your chronological stature.... Razz

...someone like yourself should also strongly consider restricting their flying to regional operations..... never know when a hip might pop out of joint or your "dentugrip" might become overstressed and you need to "land at the nearest medical facility asap" for some maintenance intervention....
mauriceb

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Chris,

You forgot about those damn kidney stones. That's how I lost my PPL and had to join the neurologically challenged individuals such as yourself who build make-believe replicas of real airplanes to satisfy their juvenile urges to make pretend they are real airline pilots.

But I'm not bitter Laughing. And just to get back to the real topic here, I'm really not surprised you have thought about automating the PC start-ups. After all, everything else in a bus is pretty much automated, so why introduce any manual procedures to spoil the illusion Twisted Evil Laughing

Maurice
ps Hurry up & publish your procedure. My low back is killing me and I'm tired of bending to turn on all my PC's
jackpilot
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HEY...Maurice & Christopher ..My thread confirms squawing SEVEN FIVE ZERO ZERO .....

mauriceb

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely not Jack. Having a little fun on any topic should never be considered off-topic. This deck building business can really drain your energy & enthusiasm at times, so if I can't have some fun now & then, I'm out of here.

Bracing now for the flood of posts telling me to get out of here Laughing. Too bad for all of you, but I'm too old to care about the good opinion of others, so I'll get out when I'm good & ready Twisted Evil

Maurice
jackpilot
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my smilie bum said it all...ready for fun anytime...!
Your wit is requested....... on Any Forum.
Cheers Pal.
mauriceb

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jackpilot wrote:
my smilie bum said it all...ready for fun anytime...!

"smilie bum' Shocked ??? I thought you got 'Buns of Steel' exercise machine for Xmas and that you were just showing off the results. Laughing Laughing .

Maurice
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> Open Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: