Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
Technical Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Scenery/Airports
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> Open Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Karl

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:32 am    Post subject: Scenery/Airports Reply with quote

Hi, can anyone recommend any decent add onís for FS2004 Scenery/Airports etc?

Cheers
cdjung1

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karl,

Everyone has their favorites. There are a ton of add-ons out there. You should browse through the simmarket website to identify any particular areas you have of interest. They have them divided up by region so you can find places that will be close to home. Personally, I am partial to the Fly Tampa scenery. Even though I live on the East Coast of the U.S. the topography and area of the Pacific Northwest is where I enjoy flying. The KSEA scenery is great (Fly Tampa plans on releasing Kai Tak shortly for FS9 which will probably be a must have). I also recently added the Vancouver + Scenery from FSAddon, it is remarkable and on a par with anything that is currently in FSX. FlightScenery's Flightzone 02 of KPDX is also among the best addon scenery every produced for FS9. World Airports 1 and 2 is good if you are looking for a number of airports in one convenient package. If you are looking for freeware AVSIM and Flightsim.com web sites have a huge selection but quality varies tremendously.

That should be enough to get you rolling!

Chris
barrykensett

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would always start with Ultimate Terrain in Europe. After that the world is your oyster for airports, I like Aerosoft Heathrow and a must have is the Nine Dragons for Hong Kong, it is superb and free!
Barry
www.a320sim.com
Karl

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys, I have just orderd EGLL, Heathrow to start, then will try some of the Mega Scenery.

All the Best,
Lewis Simmons

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aerosoft scenery is a must have. Heathrow, Frankfurt, Budapest are all really great.

The Fly Tampa set are to die for. Boston is free and the rest are unbelievable!

If you fly around Asia, definitely get the Changi software, I have been told that is fantastic.

If you fly around here where I live in NZ, get Godzone for Wellington and Auckland; those are fantastic.

Or if you like over the ditch (wouldn't recommend going there Very Happy) you have amazing freeware scenery from VistaOz which covers most of Oz I believe.

If you like the UK, get UK2000. They do Gatwick, Manchester and Glasgow I think plus a couple others and they are great.

A must have which is a freebie is the CYYZ scenery on Avsim. Fantastic but its a pity the gates can't be hooked up to AES.

As said earlier, go to simmarket. Their range is amazing and you are sure to get a good price.

Hope that helps.

Lewis
787 Builder
brissydave

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

flightzone1 and 2....must be the best for circuits. the most real feeling scenery ive seen, and its easy on frames.

dont forget vista australis.
PascalHaldenstein

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And if you like flying to the wonderful Zurich Airport ( my home airport) Very Happy
I recommend that you check this site out http://www.lszh.aviation-art.ch/ And the best is it's freeware. Best add on for Zurich I've ever seen.....
even better than the payware ones Wink
warvet

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can say this,
Living in Vancouver BC Area and private flying it many times regularily that Vancouver + is probabably the most realistic scenery for this area ever made.Also just coming back from Hong Kong I have to agree with Barry that 9 Dragons is superb scenery and its free. Also I highly recommend Cloud 9 EHAM is amazing.Hope this helps.

Tim
A340
Canada
Angus Wighton

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:57 pm    Post subject: FlightZone02 & FlightZone01 are the best .... Reply with quote

I am with you brissydave ..... FlightZone02 & FlightZone01 are the best that I have experienced, and the airports that I spend most of my time flying from.

Last night I had regular visitor Steve Cos, along with local builders Dave & Maurice making their first visit to fly my sim .... and of course I had the aircraft positioned at Portland Oregon. Both Dave & Maurice kept remarking on how real the scenery looked as they flew in and out of the four highly detailed airports in the Portland area. Brissydave also hits the nail on the head when he says that the scenery is best for flying circuits ... as a pilot myself, being able to enjoy flying visuals circuits is the most important part of the accuracy of my simulators visual PC's .... I have a large number of airport scenery add-on's, Flightzone scenery's are heads above the others I have.

I am about to purchase FlyTampa's St Maarten scenery ... a place I have flown into many times ... it looks to be at the same level of detail or higher than FlightZone ... so I am really looking forward to it! After that their new Kai Tek looks even more impressive ....
Karl

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all again guys, there are a lot to go for and all sound really good. As I have just re-built my main FS computer I will be starting to load some decent add-onís Very Happy

All the Best,
mauriceb

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:26 pm    Post subject: Re: FlightZone02 & FlightZone01 are the best .... Reply with quote

Angus Wighton wrote:
I am with you brissydave ..... FlightZone02 & FlightZone01 are the best that I have experienced, and the airports that I spend most of my time flying from.

I am about to purchase FlyTampa's St Maarten scenery ... a place I have flown into many times ... it looks to be at the same level of detail or higher than FlightZone ... so I am really looking forward to it! After that their new Kai Tak looks even more impressive ....

I can second everything Angus said about Flightzone scenery...outstanding. And that was the FS9 version. Unfortunately, it does not look like there will be an FSX version at any time in the near or far future based on the discussions in their forum.

Also, I have bought Fly Tampa Kaitak for FSX. Also outstanding and I'm sure their FS9 version is great as well (you get both for the same price by the way)

Maurice
Lewis Simmons

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fly Tampa Kai Tak is amazing! Below is a shot I took yesterday of it. No editing, straight from FS9.

Lewis
787 Builder
mauriceb

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are more pics of KaiTak by Fly Tampa (FSX pictures). Nice details on the roofs of most buildings; you really feel like you are flying over a 'live' city & not a just a collection of boxes.

Maurice

At the gate with the BIG BOYS. Hope they don't start their engines.

Fireworks over the city

melnato

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shots Mau! Really nice scenery hey?

I was supposed to get my FSX rig today...delayed Crying or Very sad

Another week and Ill be in FSX heaven Smile

Nat
jackpilot
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not too bad for FSX Wink
..you took your pics after a severe cold front...try some reduced vis/haze to smooth out the hill tops and it could mean a devastating sight for FS9 lovers (Like me) Wink
BTW what is the flight model of you westjet bird?
Jack
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> Open Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: