Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
Technical Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Complete A340 for Sale end of an Era

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> Open Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
warvet

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:23 am    Post subject: Complete A340 for Sale end of an Era Reply with quote

Well guys,
thanks to PC for putting up with all my insanity and hassles over these long years and for so many great and enjoyable phone calls , sometimes globally Wink but yet you were always willing to answer and chat and this I can not thank you enough for and all you have done for me over these many years Smile Im sure longer for him than me. Most of my sim stuff is FDS origin which just shows its of good quality craftsmanship and is top drawer. After all these years your finally going to get your wish and get rid of me for good Smile I am selling my entire Sim as a whole or in somewhat parts. However Pedestal Overhead FCU etc are all sold in respective sections. No Im not dying or in financial straights or having a baby just tired and moving on. This sim I have been building for almost 10 years total time collected alot of stuff for my sim and in that time made alot of great aquaintances, quite a few good friends and Im sure a few enemies Smile Never the less its been a great journey. Anyone interested in picking up any items let me know otherwise Ill be putting it on the Ebay Auction Block and well see how it goes. Any offers please keep reasonable and send in private message. Ill be around for a lil bit yet till all the sim is gone Sad Talk soon

Tim
A340
Canada
jackpilot
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NO WAY.....COPE OUT...YOU BAH-STAR....COME ON.

OK ANY A3SOMETHING IS NOT THE BEST WAY TO HAVE FUN AND YOU ARE RIGHT TO GET RID OF IT.

So Now...with all your experience, start with a clean slate and make room for a 787 or some. No more costly errors. Buy a shell from Pete and make it the best around...
WE NEED U
Mau..come to the rescue...

wont let this *X@!!¸¨;!» idiot vanish into the sunset...on foot!!!!
mauriceb

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's taken me a while to absorb this news & respond as I'm still in shock. Shocked I mean, making fun of you and your 'little toy' was one of my main reasons to carry on with this insanity. I must say though, I saw it coming a long time ago when I asked you if you actually sat in your deck all the time during your long trans-oceanic flights and you said you did. I knew right there & then that sooner or later you would want to bail out (literally) once you got to realize this was insane and that your life was passing by while you sat there for hours staring at an empty FS9 sky.

I know all that because I get the same feelings on any flight longer than one hour. The only real fun parts are the planning, take-off, approach & landing procedures. The cruise part is a necessary evil in my books and the shorter the better. But that's me, although I suspect any long-haulers will eventually come to the same conclusion.

So, even though I saw it coming, it is still hard to accept. Having a laugh now & then in the middle of the many frustrating sim-building moments is one thing that keeps you going and you did provide many, many laughs for many of us with probably one or two notable exceptions (fill-in the blanks). For that, I think we can all thank you and also for your insight and contributions to this hobby (despite your poor choice of platforms) Wink .

So, happy trails to you my friend in whatever new path peeks your interest. I hear MS is coming up with a new version of train simulators just in time when your bones are getting more fragile and you can't stand the turbulence at FL400. Train tracks are a lot less 'violent' and more suited for your 'fragile' constitution Razz . So maybe it would be a good choice for you. Basket weaving is also good and will keep your fingers active as you wait to meet your maker. Twisted Evil

Seriously now, I know that many/most of us will miss you a great deal and that your new adventures will likely put you in touch with many others who will in turn get to know you and love you the way we do, kinks & all Rolling Eyes Laughing . Just want you to know that your occasionally 'bully' attitude never fooled me or anyone else; We all know that underneath that macho Ninja exterior, there is a very good & caring heart and that's why I & many others feel a certain emptiness & sadness today. I am very glad though that your departure from this hobby is not due to bad news or because of any hardships.

Somehow I still think you will re-surface with some other toy somewhere...perhaps an F18 or a Raptor or a full motion sim or a tank simulator or a spaceship or something else that moves, if only in your childish imagination. After all, you're still way too immature to get involved in a serious hobby that does not involve some unfulfilled childhood fantasies. Razz Laughing

Fess-up Tim... as a child, what did you you really want to be when you grew up? If that was an airline or a bush or fighter pilot or spaceship commander, you'll be back Laughing If this ever was in your blood, you will need many transfusions to flush the toxins Laughing

Happy trails to you my friend, Sad

Maurice
warvet

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hahhahaha Maurice,
You never fail to make me laugh my friend. Yes it is true though sometimes we just need to move on. It is in my blood though, but more importantly the people that make this hobby are in my blood. I am opening a new company that financially will be fantastic and get me places I always wanted to be financially. When I get to that place I will prob picup sort of where I left off but better than before. Till then the sim proceeds will definitely be well spent investing in my future. Thank you for your friendship over these many years Maurice, you truly are one of my dearest friends in this hobby. I wish you great success in your many 1 hour flights. Thank you for your kind words and up yours (Flips his old wrinkled senile friend of many years the BIRD!) for the ones that were less than flattering Smile All the best and God Bless

NOTE: Anyone wanting any parts of a sim that took me almost 10 years to build Smile Drop me a note cause the prices are right and its going fast Wink

Your smarter than you because I had an Airbus Sim Friend Twisted Evil

Tim
former A340
Jon Boe

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim,

Sorry to see you move on but...

Take care. And if you return in the future I'm sure you will let us know. Maybe next time it will have a yoke.

Maybe now Chad can sleep well.

Cheers,

Jon
chrisw

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon Boe wrote:
Maybe now Chad can sleep well.

Now there's a name I haven't heard of for a while. Stick around Tim, with or without a sim. Would be a shame to not to see your frequent posts...

Care to elaborate on the new business?

Cheers
Chris
warvet

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris,
Ya actually 2 different business Chris, I've had so many people since seeing my video on youtube ask for instructional DVDs to order so now Im actually working on a complete library of step by step instruction that will be available to order online. I already have 680 orders Smile Second business is I finally obtained Canadian Exclusivety for a company in US that is incredibly lucrative, and I hold all licences for Canada as of yesterday. www.glidefitness.com and http://www.treadmillwax.com/ and just am in negotiations with some of the largest fitness clubs in Canada.

Tim
SWeker

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim,
I don't think I could top Maurice's comments, so I'll leave it with a simple story about the first time I understood who this 'warvet' guy was.....Back before I had a set-up and did tons of research, I ran into this guy named Chad. Remember him? He was our 'SimPal'....he was always looking out for everyones best interest and trying to make a buck along the way. The private....OK, who am I kidding.....The public battle between you two was legendary and had me rolling on the ground in laughter. Not only did it provide hours of enjoyment for some of us, but it also exposed the 'other' side of him and created a bit of a sim soap opera.

Anyway, thanks for the laughs and advise over the years. Please keep in touch with the community! Steve
brissydave

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeez.....pretty full on.

whats the frickin go?

hang on....thats right...

airbus fags..typical...sigh....tsk tsk..no stamina. all talk and no action. all plastic shiny gaylord joysticks and blue and grey seat fabric stripes and smelly croisants and coffee and frenchy french-ness-isms of cocked eybrows and moustached pilots with names like chad and damian and trevor (all said with a gay lisp) and wearing ralph loren perfume that try and look under ya wifes skirts in that pervy french airbus way and talk about the buns on "that sensitive but chiselled karate instructor called tim that i spent the night with in amsterdam"

(im egg-ing tim on for one final outward blast complete with angry tim icons for old time sake, i hope that did the trick)

its a sad day men....jeez. Crying or Very sad

my first memories of cockpit building were to log on each night and see what miracles tim had come up with waaayy back in the deep dark early times when we all sat at home extremely frustrated and tried to make panels like fools.

using a projector???...wtf?
mirrors?????...holy shit?
bent mirrors????...jesus thats incredible?

it seriously blew our minds at the time.
Garys

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To anyoneone considering buying any of Tim's parts BUYER BEWARE!!!you need to see this
http://www.flightdecksolutions.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2272&highlight=d

Seriously though Its a great shame to see you leave Tim. Hopefully it wont be long before we have you back building another great sim.

Wish you all the best Mate.
Gary
warvet

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Guys,
Im wiping the tears out of my eyes Shocked Twisted Evil Embarassed LOL Dave you crazy Aussie BASTAAAAAAAAAAAD Smile Anxious Twisted Evil Your a good mate for a long time. Arrow Applause Have fun WF Dave those guys are top drawer (hmmmmmm thats where I keep my dirty underwear Rolling Eyes ) Oh well ya Top Drawer for sure. Oh and Dave when your off flying your short nosed lil 737 that looks like a Phalic symbo that got squeezed from both ends , Sit on finger till you feel an excrutiating pain in your buttocks then you'll know thats how I feel when I read your posts LOL A huge Pain in the A$$ lol Twisted Evil never the less ill miss ya mate. Good luck with finishing that deck of yours.

your mate always
Tim
Ivar Hestnes

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope you will return to the hobby with a blast. Maybe in your own CAE bus of your choice Very Happy You are a great builder and entertainer. And your comments will be greatly missed.

See ya buddy Smile
melnato

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim...mate...I 'was' shocked by your announcement BUT I have this feeling you'll be back bigger and better one day.

Maybe you just need a break (understandably), but I don't think you can rid your veins of this "drug"Smile

Good Luck

Nat
Hollister

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must say though, I saw it coming a long time ago when I asked you if you actually sat in your deck all the time during your long trans-oceanic flights and you said you did. I knew right there & then that sooner or later you would want to bail out (literally) once you got to realize this was insane and that your life was passing by while you sat there for hours staring at an empty FS9 sky.

That's what the IRO's are for, you know the International Relief Officers. The Captain makes the take off and sits in the seat for about an hour until you hit the tracks, then gets out of the seat, hits the bunk and is back in the seat about one hour before landing.

This is the way it works even in the FS9 sky...............isn't it...???????
Karl

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well as they say ‘onwards and upwards’ although it won’t be in your Airbus... I hope the future goes well for you, it seems like a good plan to me. Thanks for all of your help over the years Tim, maybe I’ll look you up when I get to visit Canada next year.

Take Care,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> Open Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: