Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
Technical Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A320 Sidestick controller

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> Open Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
captdini

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:48 am    Post subject: A320 Sidestick controller Reply with quote

Dear Peter,

Greetings! At the outset, let me say I am a great admirer of your company and the products you turn out. I have been visiting this site for a few years now, always tempted to build my own setup, but find it difficult to afford a full setup. Maybe one day soon, in the near future Smile

I was just curious, with the new Airsimmer A320 to be released sometime this year, I was wondering if your controller would be ideal for this. I know you cater mainly to FBT's and full setup's, but can it also be used as a simple USB joystick only for the AS A320? I understand it has a feel to the controls which are very similar to the real Airbus and therefore, be ideal for me. Also, looking at the photos, will I need to build a separate base, something like a box, for it to sit in, as it seems to be made solely for an FBT type of setup.

Once again, kudos to all the hard work you and your team put in to make our wonderful hobby that much closer to reality.

Best wishes,

Dinshaw.
bwr014

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Dinshaw,

Airsimmer320 or any other add on program will have no direct effect on the sidestick we have. You have to see it as a normal joystick output so can be used in same way as when you would use a joystick now for FS.

This is because it will be connected to our FC1 card that will be showed up in windows as a joystick so you able to connect this direct to FS if you want or use it in combination with FSUIPC.

The behave of the sidestick itself will need seperate software inputs that normal come from the FBW section ( like what AST have on there PRO version with FBW)

Beside the sidestick itself it is also possible to offer the sidestick box with a functional tiller as well. ( tiller will be connected to the same FC1 card as the Sidestick itself and is all USB driven.

On the webpage you can see how things look on one of the full FBT's that are showed there.

you can always email us for more information about this.

gr.

Frans Mosmans
frans@flightdecksolutions.com
captdini

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Frans,

Thanks so much for the reply. That makes the issue clear and that it can be used. So to undestand, I would need to purchase the sidestick, and the FC1 card for it to work. Secondly, the box with the tiller, after seeing the pictures, I assume, would be the whole sidewall? Also, there is no details on the tiller in A320 section. Is it possible to mail me the details at:

dinshaw.parakh@gmail.com

This would help in making a decision to buy or not.

Thanks so much for all your help,

Best wishes always,

Dinshaw.
pcos
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:15 am    Post subject: Tiller Reply with quote

Feel free to contact me on this.
The FC1 is included with the A320 Sidestick.
You do not need to add anything.
The Tillers are available in our A320 FBPTs.
I can discuss making extra units.
We will likely add this item to our line up this Spring.
PC
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> Open Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: