Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
Technical Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

From Basement to Boeing
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jetcos

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:52 pm    Post subject: From Basement to Boeing Reply with quote

Not many people would know that Peter had been nominated by the local Chamber of Commerce in Newmarket, Ontario for �Entrepreneur of the Year�. Two other local people were nominated as well. The gala was held on Wednesday October 21, 2009 in the Newmarket area.

Well, you guessed it, he won!

Aviation has been in our family for a long time and our father is retired after 30 years with a Canadian Airline. His interest in aviation has been one of the main reasons we have become aviation minded. From early trips watching airplanes at the airport, building models. Aviation has always been one of Pete�s and my passions.
From the very beginning over 10 years ago and a phone call from Pete asking �I am going to build an A320 in the basement do you want to help me?� The continuing vision and sharp marketing skills Pete brings to any project the A320 turned itself in to a fulltime career for him. The opening of a small production facility in Markham at one of his supplier�s shops, Mike Declara has been there from the early beginnings of Flightdeck Solutions. Along with Brent Vernon and his programming skills. Providing InterfaceIT and SYS cards, Radio�s, XPNDRS and CDU�s interfaces. The suppliers have multiplied and the facilities have grown to what is now 2300 sq ft and employees are numbering 10 people. Heading off Engineering and Product Development we have Shawn Barraclough. Shawn has brought his skills to FDS and continues to refine and add to our products. Peter�s wife Sorina joined us at FDS to improve our office with her administrational skills. Her planning and organizational planning has helped our production and projects. Peter�s oldest daughter, Taylor joined her Dad to help with shipping and other important jobs at FDS. We have a few Cos� working at FDS creating a family business that works well. I am very proud of my brother Peter and his continuing vision for Flightdeck Solutions. We strive to be the leaders in simulator parts and low cost trainers, improving as we go. With Peter�s visionary style, we will continue to excel in this area. From the humble beginnings in the basement, to one of our biggest customers, The Boeing Company. FDS has come a long way and continues to aim for the sky!

Here is a picture of Pete and Sorina with his award.

All the best Peter and way to go!
Alaintrea

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow,
Congratulations Peter!
I know it is all worthy... Smile
All the best for the futur...
Alain
tugo31

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations!!! i know what it feels to have the family in the business because my grand father opened his firts restaurant in 1945 and then my father and i continue with the tradition with 2 more. FDS is one of the first sim building companies and many others took them as example to start, but you never will compare the real quality of the products offered by FDS since the begining (awesome), so keep the good work and show all who is the leader!!

JC
Don

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations Peter.........well deserved
Don
Jon Boe

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job to PC and the entire FDS team.

Jon
N737AG

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations to Peter, all the COS's and everyone at FDS.

I have known Peter from emails ever since the basement project. I would ask him tons of questions until one day I got the greatest answer : "I am thinking of taking my hobby to an industrial level and produce the flightdecks for business." I knew right then where my hobby was going to go.

Great Job Peter and Team !!!

Axel
Paul M

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations to you Peter

You and your team certainly deserve this recognition. Over my many years there only two businesses that really stand out to me as far delivering a good product, as well as the all important customer satisfaction and FDS tops that list. I am sure all of us customers can relate the many ways you have helped us individually to head for the clouds.

So again Congratulations to all the FDS team for a job well done!!!

Paul M
SWeker

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome news Peter!

Well deserved, as well as long overdue. You've taken FDS a long way over the years, and continue to 'push the envelope' of the sim business to new heights! OUTSTANDING!

To add to Steve's original post, Peter is in good company. Last years Entrepreneur of the Year was Frank Stronach. For those not in Canada here's some information on the previous winner. "Magna International Inc. (TSX: MG) is a Canadian company based in Aurora, Ontario. It is Canada's largest automobile parts manufacturer, and one of the country's largest companies. Magna employs 83,000 employees at 240 manufacturing operations in 24 countries around the world. Magna supports these operations with 62 engineering and R&D centres in 14 countries[6]. Its largest operations region is Canada with 61 manufacturing operations and 8 engineering centres"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Stronach

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magna_International

Just imagine where FDS will be in a few more years! Congrats again Peter.
mauriceb

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been lucky enough to live close by and witness the transformation of FDS into what it is now. What has always amazed me & continues to amaze me every time I visit is Peter's absolute passion & commitment for what he does. I can say that I've never met a more positive person in my life and his passion & drive to excel is just amazing.

Peter also made 2 crucial decisions which sky rocketed his business to new heights. Finding Shawn was the first one and hiring his brother Steve was the second. Shawn's design skills are HUGE and it made possible many of the incredible new assemblies. Shawn loves what he does and the results really show it. Even after coming up with a brilliant design, he never rests on his laurels and is always trying to improve it.

As for Steve, he brought new life to the shop with his organizational & technical skills. It seems that every time I visit, I see big improvements in the shop and this has freed Peter to concentrate on what he does best.

All & all, this is one hell of a great team and the fact that they thrived during the recent recession is proof that they are doing all the right things.

Wishing all of FDS staff continued success in the coming years,

Maurice
Ivar Hestnes

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations.

Very well deserved.

Smile
DaveA330

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations Peter!

The first time I met Peter was back in 2003 when I went to his house to discuss my building intentions. Down the basement we went where Peter proceeded to show me all the cool "stuff" he was working on. I was hooked, and began construction on my sim.

I have watched Peter grow his company over the years and while always striving to put out a great product he knew he had to attract talented people to work with him to make FDS what it is today.

Congratulations Peter and FDS!

Dave
melnato

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

__________________________________________________________-___

OMG...just saw this...CONGRATULATIONS Peter, Sorina and FDS!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations Peter, Steve and for all team from FDS ! ... all this are results of your great work with your team Peter !
jackpilot
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bit late just found that post today.

Well Pete this is an amazing recognition for a job well done.
I have seen FDS grow, the products getting more and more sophisticated over the years...and Peter becoming a good friend, far beyond a simple business relationship. Like Maurice, I had the opportunity to spend time at the "shop", which for an avid simmer is nothing short of a Wonderland!

Congrats Pete and the whole crew.
Jack
tkellogg

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations Peter to you and your team! Very well deserved.
www.creativesimulations.com
kkellogg@bellsouth.net
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: