fds-mfp

This Forum is designed to support and assist in the use of any/all FDS related Interface products.

Moderators: Curtis, Jetcos

chriss

fds-mfp

Post by chriss »

Is the mfp able to be used with fsx?

The drivers at tekwork are for fs9 only?

Thankyou for your assistance.

Chris

Jetcos

Post by Jetcos »

Only for FS9. No demand for FSX as of yet.

Always thought it was a great module and it never seemed to "take-off". Of the ones I have used it was handy for changing views and sim rates without having a keyboard in the flightdeck.
Steve Cos
Vice President and Tech Support
Flightdeck Solutions (FDS)

Dadeo911

Post by Dadeo911 »

Hi there, Any chance this has changed since this posting and the MFP is now available with FSX driver? It looks like it could be the solution to a problem I am having.

Jetcos

Post by Jetcos »

Sorry, have to say that the drivers have not been developed for the MFP in FSX. This little panel never really "took off" like we thought. The ones we made (about 10) have all been used in FS9. I have one customer who would like to see it working for FSX but very hard to spend the time developing and testing software for 1 MFP. The same issues will apply for the FS9 users if they switch up to FSX.

Sorry wish I had a better answer, what problem are you having?
Steve Cos
Vice President and Tech Support
Flightdeck Solutions (FDS)

Dadeo911

Post by Dadeo911 »

Just tohave a handy panel to have some of the functions available from without having to have the keyboard balanced on my lap. Having a panel like this would be perfect for items such as pause, being able to cycle through the different views, etc... . Would it be possible to have a panel made to connect the rotary and other switches to an interface board?

Thanks for getting back to me,

Chris

chriss

Post by chriss »

where did my post go?

pcos
Site Admin

Deleted

Post by pcos »

I deleted it as it offered zero value to the discussion frankly.
When we bring out a product we do it with 100% effort.
If the customer base does not see the value we simply do not have a "product". If you purchsed the unit from us we were very clear at the time of the sale on what it could do. We never claimed anything regarding FSX. Complaining about a car that will not do 240 KPH years after buying it when your requirements change is not really my idea of fairness.
PC

Dadeo911

Post by Dadeo911 »

Did I somehow imply I had purchased it and was unhappy? If so I appologize. I am interested in such a product for FSX. My last post asked if it would be possible to have a panel like this made and interfaced with an interface card?

pcos
Site Admin

No!

Post by pcos »

Not at all... your comments were perfectly fine. I did delete one from someone that had no value to add to the discussion.
That will happen from time to time.
I think you fully understood the goal for that product actually. I wish more people had as it really helps on the flightdeck for the basics as you mentioned. Real B737NGs don;t have a "pause" toggle so sometimes you need to make one! Push back... Slew.. etc...
PC