Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
The place to meet and talk with fellow builders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ELEC-CAB-SYS Module and Master Battery Switch

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS - Interface Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
andreotti60

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:22 pm    Post subject: ELEC-CAB-SYS Module and Master Battery Switch Reply with quote

I have a basic question regarding the ELEC-CAB module and the switches that connect to it. Specifically, I was wondering whether the Battery switch connects to both the ELEC-CAB module (as it must) and also to the SYS-1 board.

My sense is that the Master Battery switch ONLY connects to the ELEC-CAB module. But I would like confirmation from someone with actual experience.

Thanks!

Gianluca
ribel

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Gianluca

I don't have first hand experience of this unit, but am thinking of getting one.

I'm under the impression this unit has nothing to do with the battery master switch and it's not part of the kit. Your own battery master switch will be wired to the SYS board.

That's how I see it.

Sean
andreotti60

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Sean. I can tell you for sure that the battery switch connects to the ELE-CAB module. The instruction manual is clear on that. My question is whether IN ADDITION to connecting to the ELEC-CAB module, the battery should also be connected to the SYS-1 board.

Because the instructions are silent on that point I think that the Battery switch only connects to the ELEC-CAB board with the pre-wired harness provided. I guess Steve will chime in and confirm.

Gianluca
ribel

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see what you're getting at now, I haven't seen the manual.

It does seem a little odd though that perhaps the most important switch on the overhead doesn't connect to the SYS board, but if it works via the ELEC-CAB unit, then why worry! Be good to know the answer as I'm wiring my overhead as we speak.

Sean
andreotti60

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"It does seem a little odd though that perhaps the most important switch on the overhead doesn't connect to the SYS board"

I know, I find it odd too.

"but if it works via the ELEC-CAB unit, then why worry!"

Because that's what I do! Smile

Gianluca
Jetcos

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Battery switch gets connected to the SYS card without the optional ELEC CAB module.

Once you connect the ELEC CAB module you need to connect the Battery Switch to the Module, also the 3 Annuciators get connected to the module as well. They may have been wired to the SYS card originally. The MAINT and Galley switch can be wired to the module. I create test features to the MAINT switch to light the 3 annuciators. (something to play with).

The same applies to the CAB panel 2 switches (Valve and Mode Selector) that will need to be connected to the Module with the supplied harness.

Any previous wired switches and LED's can be removed. Make sure the common ground wires are reconnected so you don't loose your connection to the SYS card. Tape off old wires.

Also make sure you download the ELEC CAB xml file in the Downloads section of InterfaceIT under B737NG and "Complete Boards". Import that file and save.
andreotti60

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Steve. Much appreciated.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS - Interface Products All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: