Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
The place to meet and talk with fellow builders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

IBL Power

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS - Interface Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JCosta

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:13 pm    Post subject: IBL Power Reply with quote

Hi,

As many of you I am now a lucky guy who have just received a new amazing toy... FDS MIP, CDU bay + Glare as a starting point for what I expect to become a "great" 737 project. Congratulations FDS, everything I red about you is true.

The building fase is about to start, and doubts are emerging. I know the solutions and answers for my very basics questions exist, it is question of seach and share.

So:

1. I am considering to power the IBL panels with 3,3V and a 22A in paralell from a PC power source unit, using the orange line. My electronic knowledge is virtualy none, but using a calculator to convert Amps to watts it tells me that 3,3V & 22A = 66 watts. If this is true I ask:

1. Is the 22A enought for the IBL MIP panels, if Amps in excess will it burn the bulbs?
2. Red in the forum that some builders use one PSU to feed MIP + Pedestal + throttle panels(?), and another to power overhead IBL Panels. If so, are those PSU equivalent to the one mentioned on point 1?
3. It is highly recomended to fuse the lines. So for a line with 3,3V and 22A <=> to 66 watts what sort of fuses shall I use to protect the circuit and the bulbs.
4. Can anyon share a circuit where the IBL panels PSU would be powered up using a relais, probably installed after the PSU, that would be triggered to on when the electric button on the overhead would be switched to ON (hope this makes sence). I am planning to distribute power to PCS, Power Source Units (PSU) and other electric devices using an electric switchboard with circuit brakers to protect the cabin and equipmeny as well the house and people. I will have it made by a professional.

Thanks for any help / comments,
Best regards,
Jose Costa
Jetcos

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Answers below:

1) The power for the IBL panels is 5.0 VDC, you can use a good quality PC PSU and that will handle the 5 VDC (850 Watt suggested)

2) Same PSU's as above and yes follow the 1 for MIP/Ped/TQ and 1 for OH

3) Yes, please fuse the PSU. Use a good quality fuse holder. You will need to calculate the amperage.

4) What you need to do is use relays for each PSU. I suggest Bosch Fog lamp relays for this, use a separate 12V power supply to power the relays. Use a DPDT switch in the Battery Position in the OH. One side of the switch is for the InterfaceIT wiring and the other side is for the relays. Make sure you do not run power to the InterfaceIT card from the 12V side. Also the 12V source for teh relays needs to be on so the relays will work. Attach the relays to the Green and Black wire on each PSU so they act as a trigger.
JCosta

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Steeve,

thanks for your help.

Best regards,
JAC Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS - Interface Products All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: