Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
The place to meet and talk with fellow builders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

InterfaceIT and Logic Part II

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS - Interface Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tomlin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:03 am    Post subject: InterfaceIT and Logic Part II Reply with quote

Hi guys

I've been trying to find a way to implement light logic via InterfaceIT by using Internal Variables in the most simple way possible and while it's very easy to get LEDs to work via the Outputs, sometimes it's a big experiment to get them to light only under certain conditions. All of my examples will apply to my Learjet 45, but much of this is universal for other aircraft too.

First, the main issue is having LEDs lit as ON when the Battery Switch is OFF.

Example of current known LEDs as ON when they should be OFF:

*Landing Gear DWN indicators
*Master Caution/Warning annunciators
*Anti Ice OFF indicators

The good thing is that this is not a SYS/InterfaceIT problem. The software/hardware here simply reads what the sim is sending it and promptly makes it light up. At this point, there is no logic saying "No power established, keep all LEDs/Outputs OFF". It's reading the variable from MSFS as "Landing Gear DOWN, output Landing Gear offset-light up these LEDs".

As such, we need a simple way to make these LEDs conditional, in other words they follow a command sent via FS but also only work if the condition is correct. Obviously, no lights should be on until power is established via Battery, APU, GPU, Gen, etc.

So far, I have been able to get (somehow) an Anti-Ice indicator to function as follows:

Non-Lit when the BATT switch is off,
Non-Lit when the BATT switch is ON, but the Pitot switch is ON
Lit when the Pitot switch is off...

...and this is exactly what should happen because for the LJ45 that uses a Dark Concept, the switch legend shows OFF if off, and is dark/non-lit when ON.

So, I *finally* was able to attain this conditional logic via InterfaceIT alone by using Internal Variables but to be honest I'm confused how I finally got it working and have a question-

1) Does the order of Down/On and Up/Off have any bearing on the functionality of InterfaceIt and what is read?

my comment: Possibly, because it seems that before I changed the order of things happening with the switch position plus setting an Internal Variable, it never worked successfully to turn off the OFF legend when BATT was OFF.

2) Just as we have an Internal Variable called Light Test that overrides ALL LEDs regardless of switch state, is there anyway that one could be created that would be the exact opposite and universal that would say "Turn off ALL Lights when Offset XXXX OR Internal Variable set"?

Thanks for reading and participating.

Waycross, Ga (KAYS)
www.Hangar45.net
Tomlin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, so there's been some progress on this by my end of things. I've discovered that for those with the same issue of having LEDs remaining ON after power is removed from the aircraft can definately use Internal Logic to shut off the LED after a certain event. The process is tricky, but can be done to at least a handful of switches but requires a bit of trial and error. Essentially I have found that after creating an Internal Variable called "Item XXX OFF Light State" I then assign that Internal Variable to the L or R Battery Switch (Input) for both the Down/On portion as well as for the Up/Off portion and then assign it to the LED that belongs to the switch that is the offender. For an entire project, this means that your assignments for the L/R Battery switch will be stacked to the hills, but so far that's no problem. If anyone would like to see an XML for this email me.

Waycross, Ga (KAYS)
www.Hangar45.net
Jetcos

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work Eric!
Tomlin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Steve. It's still definately a work in progress and it's time consuming but I think that for the most part it will work. However, I have one more trick up my sleeve that may work much simpler. More on that as soon as I can confirm it.

Waycross, Ga (KAYS)
www.Hangar45.net
roymar

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Eric, This looks very interesting for my B737 overhead so would appreciate looking at your xml file.
I am also trying to resolve another issue that your idea might help in an opposite way, that is to keep the anti-ice annuciators on after they are switched. At present, they light for about 3 seconds and then extinguish.
I know they are supposed to go to dim,but I would not mind them staying on bright rather than extinguish.
My email is roy_mar@rogers.com.
Many thanks
Roy
Jetcos

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In PM there are 3 xml's.

Anti-Ice
Anti-Ice Dim
Anti-Ice Brite

I think you just need to assign the Anti-Ice one?
roymar

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Steve,
Do you really mean PM or Interface? If PM, do I select those options through changing the ini file?
If Interface, I can only find two "Anti-ice" xmls (one for left,and one for right) and these switch on the overheat (amber) annunciators for the "Cowl Anti-Ice".
There are 3 "Cowl Valve" options for left and right, which switch on the Blue annunciators, and I have tried each to try to get the lights to stay on.
Best, Roy
pcos
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:46 pm    Post subject: Hijack Reply with quote

Roy,
Please don't alter the thread like this....
If you want to review/learn about the xmls and such, please do a search (lots on here about this I promise!), and, start a new post.
The original post was/is great and things get lost when people alter like this. Out of courtesy please.
Thank you!
Peter
Flightdeck Solutions (FDS)
roymar

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Peter,
My apologies, there was no intent to detract from the original subject. Just was responding to Eric's offer of seeing his xml file,with an explanation of why, which,in hindsight, I should have omitted.
You may delete if you wish.
Regards
Ro Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS - Interface Products All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: