Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
The place to meet and talk with fellow builders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FDS-SYS Board shuts off (Resolved)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS - Interface Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dadeo911

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 10:07 pm    Post subject: FDS-SYS Board shuts off (Resolved) Reply with quote

Hi there,

I have had problems with my SYS board shutting itself off while in use. The InterfaceIT program is still running but suddenly the anounciators go dark and none of the switches work, it seems to work for about 20 minutes then shut itself off. I have to shut off and restart the the program to make things work.

Any suggestions?

Take care,

Chris
Tomlin

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Chris, has it always done this or only recently? You may want to try testing a different powered USB hub. That's my findings with many USB items is that the power supply on them can only operate so many devices.

How many other devices do you have attached, or is this plugged straight into the PC's USB port?

Waycross, Ga (KAYS)
www.Hangar45.net
Jetcos

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another suggestion is your Power Savings in Windows. I change the settings so that the HD and USB devices never shut off.

Also make sure you use powered hubs (as Eric commented) and watch the length of USB cable. Any long runs will need a powered hub or even a USB extender that uses network cable to extend the distance. I have worked on a professional project that had PC's in a separate room over 75 feet away (25m). I have not had any luck with Active USB cables over long runs. The shorter the better.

Let us know how you make out as this will benefit other builders as they set out on this part of their projects.
Dadeo911

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the responses. I just recently set up the SYS board so I think it has always done it. I use the power source that came with the board and the USB cable is plugged directly into a USB port on the back of the machine with a 6 foot cable.

I will try the Windows settings.

Thanks again for the responses.

Chris
Dadeo911

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there,

It looks like setting USB in windows did the trick.

Thanks guys

Chris
bluskydriver

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:03 am    Post subject: How was this resolved exactly? Reply with quote

Chris,

I know this issue was a while ago, but what did you do exactly? Was it the power saver settings in Windows or was it something else...please explain.

BSD
Dadeo911

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I set the power saving settings in Windows to not shut off or always on (I can't remember the term and its different on the laptop I have in front of me right now). Sorry about that. I haven't had the board shut off since I changed this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS - Interface Products All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: