FDS-SYS Board shuts off (Resolved)

This Forum is designed to support and assist in the use of any/all FDS related Interface products.

Moderators: Curtis, Jetcos

Dadeo911

FDS-SYS Board shuts off (Resolved)

Post by Dadeo911 »

Hi there,

I have had problems with my SYS board shutting itself off while in use. The InterfaceIT program is still running but suddenly the anounciators go dark and none of the switches work, it seems to work for about 20 minutes then shut itself off. I have to shut off and restart the the program to make things work.

Any suggestions?

Take care,

Chris

Tomlin

Post by Tomlin »

Hi Chris, has it always done this or only recently? You may want to try testing a different powered USB hub. That's my findings with many USB items is that the power supply on them can only operate so many devices.

How many other devices do you have attached, or is this plugged straight into the PC's USB port?
Eric Tomlin
Learjet 45

Waycross, Ga (KAYS)
www.Hangar45.net

Jetcos

Post by Jetcos »

Another suggestion is your Power Savings in Windows. I change the settings so that the HD and USB devices never shut off.

Also make sure you use powered hubs (as Eric commented) and watch the length of USB cable. Any long runs will need a powered hub or even a USB extender that uses network cable to extend the distance. I have worked on a professional project that had PC's in a separate room over 75 feet away (25m). I have not had any luck with Active USB cables over long runs. The shorter the better.

Let us know how you make out as this will benefit other builders as they set out on this part of their projects.
Steve Cos
Vice President and Tech Support
Flightdeck Solutions (FDS)

Dadeo911

Post by Dadeo911 »

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the responses. I just recently set up the SYS board so I think it has always done it. I use the power source that came with the board and the USB cable is plugged directly into a USB port on the back of the machine with a 6 foot cable.

I will try the Windows settings.

Thanks again for the responses.

Chris

Dadeo911

Post by Dadeo911 »

Hi there,

It looks like setting USB in windows did the trick.

Thanks guys

Chris

bluskydriver

How was this resolved exactly?

Post by bluskydriver »

Chris,

I know this issue was a while ago, but what did you do exactly? Was it the power saver settings in Windows or was it something else...please explain.

BSD

Dadeo911

Post by Dadeo911 »

I set the power saving settings in Windows to not shut off or always on (I can't remember the term and its different on the laptop I have in front of me right now). Sorry about that. I haven't had the board shut off since I changed this.