Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
Technical Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

engine start led (Resolved)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS - Interface Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
renegade

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:02 am    Post subject: engine start led (Resolved) Reply with quote

Hi,

I have 2 annunciators which indicate " engine start "
I can use the offset of oil pressure with "range on" for example,but when closing the engine the led will lit.
Didn't found offset for engine start except combution flag
any idea

win7,sys3,lear28

thanks

---x--(��)--x---
melnato

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gerry,

On the 737 we assign a GRD output to the Magnetic Engine Start Switches to hold the solenoid until the engine stabilizes.
Obvioulsly you dont have solenoids, but the same method could be used to turn on an annunciator
for the same amount of time IF we needed...outputs are outputs.

So if you use this logic, you could get your annunciator to light only when
the engines are cranking. This will solve your spooling down problem.
If your using custom addon aircraft, then you have to dig...If not, the FSX offsets are:

Engine 1 Starter switch position (Magnetos),
Jet/turbojet: 0=Off, 1=Start, 2=Gen/Alt

092A
Engine 1 Starter switch position (Magnetos),
Jet/turbojet: 0=Off, 1=Start, 2=Gen/Alt

Im bowing out now...have fun! Smile

Nat
renegade

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Nat,

Thanks for info, I'll try that way.
I have a lot of more questions about those annunciators,but I don't know if I may bother you with that.

Thanks and fly safe

---x--(��)--x---
Tomlin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Gerry

I've got this nailed to a "T" for the LJ45. You simply use the marvelous sleep time function in InterfaceIT.

(Taken from a post I made at Hangar45.net)

"I first assigned a 'Down/On' function to each Engine Start switch for the particular engine (Engine 1 offset 0892 and Engine 2 offset 092A). I then used the 'Set Value and Zero' function so that once I press the switch, the software continues 'pressing' the switch for a Value of 4 for the correct function and to seep for a value of 18000. When I say 'pressing' remember that the switch to be used should be a Momentary Switch. The 'Set Value and Zero' function tells FS that when the switch is pressed, it's sending the Start signal for that engine for a sleep value of 18000. This translates to several seconds until the engine is spooled to approx. 20% N1 and then it lights off. Shortly thereafter the software quits sending that value and resets to Zero so that if you shut the fuel supply off to shut the engine down, then the engine will actually shut down without the starter trying to start that engine again. You should repeat this for the other engine now."

I should mention that in order for your indicators to work as you've asked, if you assign them to the same offset as the starter offsets mentioned above, they will follow the logic presented here and turn on/off automaticall with the switch operation.

For the LJ45, the L/R Generators also come online once the engines are up. I doubt the LJ28 does this, but if it does, Here's that segment:

Now let's assign the switch to ALSO turn on the L/R GEN when the START switch is pressed:
After assigning the switches properly, you will want to add in a second 'Down/On' function to the same switch in InterfaceIT (offset 3B78 for L GEN and 3AB8 R GEN). You should use 'Set Value' and '1' for this to work.

By adding these in, when you press the Eng Start Switch, not only will it start your engine but will tell FS that you want the generator for that engine to be ON as soon as the engine starts up. If done properly your L/R GEN FAIL message should dissappear from your EICAS.

Waycross, Ga (KAYS)
www.Hangar45.net
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS - Interface Products All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: