Overhead Switch Synchronization on Startup (Resolved)

This Forum is designed to support and assist in the use of any/all FDS related Interface products.

Moderators: Curtis, Jetcos

Fred

Overhead Switch Synchronization on Startup (Resolved)

Post by Fred »

I am using Sim-A with InterfaceIT with switching hardware.

To this point I have not found a foolproof way of synchronizing the state of my overhead switches with FSUIPC values on startup.

The procedure that works best for me is to use "Initial state" at startup with the "Process switch change..." box checked. I then carefully check that the position of my hardware switches are where they should be for "initial state". I realize that the recommendation is to keep the "Process switch change..." box unchecked when using switching hardware, but I found that if I uncheck "Process switch change...." the initial state switch positions in FSUIPC (at least according to the SA overhead client) don't always match what is in the initial state.ini.

Again, the behavior seems to be exactly the opposite of what is recommended in the "Did you know" sticky.

The ideal would be to be able to do a "sweep" read of hardware switch status at startup. If there is a way of doing that I have not been able to find out how as yet. I have attempted varied startup sequences of the different modules and InterfaceIT etc. but without success.

Any enlighenment on this subject would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Jetcos

Post by Jetcos »

One way is to add the "Resend Switch States" Internal Variable to your Lights Test Switch. In most Checklists the Lights Test is at the top of the list. This would resend all switch states and place them in the correct positions.
Steve Cos
Vice President and Tech Support
Flightdeck Solutions (FDS)

Fred

Post by Fred »

Thanks Steve - I did not realize a variable existed for that feature!

slider

Post by slider »

Thanks for that tips !

Do you have a similar idea for Project Magenta ? I mean, do you know if there is a "Resend Switch States" on Project Magenta ?

Jetcos

Post by Jetcos »

The offset for "resending the Switch states" is an internal variable and can be added to the same switch in your sim. It can be used with any Avionics Suite using InterfaceIT as the interface.

I suggested the Lights Test as this is on a standard checklist and would be checked at the beginning of a flight.
Steve Cos
Vice President and Tech Support
Flightdeck Solutions (FDS)

slider

Post by slider »

It works like a charm !

Another problem solved. Thanks for your help.