Joined: 30 Sep 2005
|Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:48 am Post subject: Did you Know? CP Flight MCP Setup on FS Computer
|First thing to say : It doesn't matter how many computers on which you install S/A as long as you only run the ONE registered Server.exe.
For the CPFlight hardware to work it requires the MCP.exe to be running on the same computer to which the CPFlight MCP Hardware is connected.
1) Connect the MCP via USB and connect the Power.
2) ** On the SAME computer as the MCP Hardware is connected.**
In the \Sim-Avionics\MCP\CONFIG.ini check the following entries:
COMMPORT=COM? < Set your comport here
*To find out which comport your MCP is using you need to go to the Windows Control Panel > System > Device Manager
(Ports COM & LTP section)
You should see a USB Serial port
Once you've added the correct CommPort Save the CONFIG.INI and Exit
If you see an "async" message is because the MCP hardware is not being seen.... either the COM Port number was not added correctly or the Hardware wasn't powered up.
***DO NOT START FS - Yet***
3) Start the MCP.exe on the CPFlight computer.
As the MCP.exe starts the CPFlight MCP should Boot showing the Rev. number.
4) I'm assuming that you're running the Server.exe on the other computer ??
Start the Server.exe on the other computer.
The displays on the Software MCP and the Hardware MCP should go blank.
5) Press QuickStart on the Server
The displays on the Software MCP and the Hardware MCP should light Up.
You can adjust the SPEED, HDG and ALTITUDE values. (The CRS values require FS to be running)
If this works then you has configured everything correctly.
6) Close the MCP.exe - The CPFlight Hardware should shutdown.
Close the S/A Server.exe
7) Start FS
The CPFlight drivers to connect the hardware to FS (found on the FS menu bar) are not required.
They can remain installed, but do NOT run FS_COM.
Start MCP.exe on the FS computer.
The MCP should boot
9) Start Server.exe on the S/A computer
The MCP should go blank
10) Pressing "Quickstart" or switching on the Overhead Battery Switch will start the MCP.
Once configured, normal startup procedures would simple be Steps 7, 8 and 9.
Vice President and Tech Support
Flightdeck Solutions (FDS)