Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
Technical Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jim Doyle - Desert Air Spares. A bad experience

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> Open Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Karl737

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:25 am    Post subject: Jim Doyle - Desert Air Spares. A bad experience Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

I would like to warn anyone intending on dealing with Jim Doyle of the trouble getting your goods once you have handed over your hard earned cash.

About 3 months ago, I purchased a pair of 737 control columns off Ebay through Goingboeing777, aka Jim Doyle at Desert Air Spares. The first problem to occur was miss quoted shipping, as after I committed to buy, this "unavoidably" became over double. I just excepted this, and was then told they would ship next week. Well, next week came and went and still no tracking number. I emailed him and was informed "There is a delay getting them transported from his warehouse". After this, I kept emailing him and was confronted with a barrage of excuses ranging from they hadn't been shipped due to trouble packaging them, to they had shipped and the tracking number would follow shortly. Well, during this process he quoted three different companies they had supposedly been shipped with! This went on for nearly three months.
In the end, I escalated a claim through Paypal just in the nick of time before the opportunity to do so closed. This of course froze his Paypal account, and amazingly 2 days later, they were on their way.
I can't be sure, but my feeling is that if I hadn't of put in a claim, I would never have received them.
I certainly will never deal with him again and would recommend that no one here gets involved in any dealings with him either.

Karl

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:27 pm    Post subject: Jim Doyle Reply with quote

Hey Karl,sorry to hear you had a bad experience with Jim. I have dealt with him over the years,bought a 757 flightdeck,737 seats,as well as a ton of gauges off him, I never had a bad experience with him yet...dont know what to tell ya bud...but thats unfortunate...

Dan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> Open Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: