Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
The place to meet and talk with fellow builders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MCP + G2 issue I casnnot solve

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS - Interface Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
neuman5022

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:02 am    Post subject: MCP + G2 issue I casnnot solve Reply with quote

Hello Folks

Have a bit of a problem with my PM MCP and G2 board.

My MCP and my CDU are on the same PC.

When firing up the system (PMsystem first) then the other ones, I have set wideclient to start, then call the MCP then after a short delay it's calling the CDU.

I am activating my HW MCP via the BAT switch with a relay, so the SW loads first OK, then when BAT switch is pressed to ON the MCP comes to life, but I cannot see any numbers unless I reload it again.

Have noticed that the SW MCP is not "active" on the tab at the bottom of the screen, the CDU is. If I prees the MCP tab then the CDU will not work, so I am loading the CDU after the MCP.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong here ?

Many thanks

Isaac
pcos
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The G2 is our original MCP interface made by CP Flight. The protocol is the same as their devices. I would suggest you contact them actually as they would likely have an understanding on how to achieve this.
As an aside, the G2 went out of production years ago. It may not be possible to do what you are attempting. Possible.
The current glar interface software we use across our products now is done by Tekworx who wrote the interfaceIT protocol and this allows us to have full control over the product. We did not have that with the older G2.
Peter
Flightdeck Solutions (FDS)
Jetcos

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does everything work properly if you don't use this relay on the BAT switch? Sounds like the power you are disconnecting from the MCP could be causing the problem? Try it without the relay.

I know you are trying to create a "Cold and Dark" start-up but it may not work with the older G2 because of the design and layout of the board.

Let us know what you find.
pcos
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't remember anyone achieving that with the CP Flight/G2 protocol used back then guys.
Peter
Flightdeck Solutions (FDS)
neuman5022

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys

Thanks for your input, I really appreciate it.

Yes the idea was to get a cold and dark option. I know the G2 is old stuff and may not do everything, however I find it to be a good solid product I will hate to loose.

I assume (please correct me if I am wrong here) that when loading the SW part - all the data transfer within the PM modules is already set. So applying the power to the HW MCP shouldn't cause any issues.

It's not that it is NOT working - it actually does, but needs a bit of work. As for now, after loading the SW, all I need to do is to close the SW and re-run it, then push the CDU tab, and then it all works with no issues.

I just thought there may be a way to avoid this, but again, this is a small price to pay for having it as I wanted.

I will check it again and report.

Many thanks

Isaac
melnato

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still have the good 'ol G2 and I know that It must be powered before
starting Sim-A/PM MCP....otherwise I get a software error/crash.

Anyway...when you first power the G2 it only flashes the firmware for a few seconds and then goes blank till the software is started...
isnt that "cold and dark" enough?

Nat
neuman5022

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Nat

Well in my case it does not crash or anything. . . All I need is to reload it and it seems to work OK. Had few flights with it this way, did not see any troubles. . . YET Rolling Eyes

When loading the PM MCP SW, it just loads the screen, and I have no warnings or something. Did my PM file checks - all was good.

When powered up, the numbers are not seen but all the lights are up, and in a dark cockpit it does not look so good Smile

Anyway, if I will get some trouble in the future, first thing would be to power up the MCP the original way.

Thanks for your input

Isaac
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS - Interface Products All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: