Interface IT FDS Glare and A320 PRO M radio

This Forum is designed to support and assist in the use of any/all FDS related Interface products.

Moderators: Curtis, Jetcos

Paul-Henri

Interface IT FDS Glare and A320 PRO M radio

Post by Paul-Henri »

Hello,
I have two A320 PRO M radio modules and I have installed the FDS Glare software module. With this module, through FSUIPC, my software can read and set both active and standby frequencies on the FDS radio modules. I'd like to be able to switch off 7-segments displays of the radio modules (to simulate the case when batteries are off). Does someone know if this is possible through FDS Glare and FSUIPC ?

Thank !

jackpilot
Site Admin

Post by jackpilot »

Not an airbus builder but seems to me that when batteries are off, everything is dark, not only the radio displays .
may be it has more to do with hard wiring the power supply trip wires (green/black) to a DPDT real battery switch
I maybe wrong though! :(
Jack
Full B737-800 DSTD/Sim-Avionics P3d4
ALL FDS & OEMs (+custom TQ)

Jetcos

Post by Jetcos »

Several questions:

What Avionics Software are you using?
Are you using InterfaceIT?

The Radio display's can be turned off using the Master Avionics switch in the default B737. So that is the offset you need to use. Assign it along with your Battery switch.
Steve Cos
Vice President and Tech Support
Flightdeck Solutions (FDS)

Paul-Henri

Post by Paul-Henri »

I don't use avionics software. I directly read/write active and standby frequencies through FSUIPC. Once FDS Glare is launched by FSX, the A320 PRO M radio modules work correctly and I can read/write through my own software... but can't directly switch off 7 segments.

Jetcos

Post by Jetcos »

Not sure I understand where the Glare software comes into this? The radio Module...?

Try the radio's with the default B737 and use the Master Avionics switch on the default panel. They go off.
Steve Cos
Vice President and Tech Support
Flightdeck Solutions (FDS)