Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
Technical Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

LOWER EICAS Setup (Resolved)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> Sim-Avionics Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jf

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:39 pm    Post subject: LOWER EICAS Setup (Resolved) Reply with quote

Hello:

I recently have added a second CDU and a lower EICAS to my sim.

I use one quad core computer with 3 monitors under Win7 for the main panel displays. The monitors are set as extended desktops which are numbered 1-3 by Windows. Monitor 1 runs the CPT PFD and ND , monitor 2 the FO PFD and ND, and monitor 3 the Upper ( center ) EICAS.

The server runs along with TkWorks and SIOC for the the TQ in another
quad core and Win7.

Another computer is used for the lower EICAS and the MCP. This one runs WinXP. The MCP runs fine.

Now here is the thing:
Each Avionics instance in the MIP is executed separately for the CPT PFD and ND and also the FO, number 3 is EICAS ( 5 in total ).

I have noticed that the engine page as well as other synoptics, cycle with numeric keys 0-9 as they are supposed to, but only from the CPT ND, not from the EICAS page. The result is that in order to have the lower DU display the ENG or SYS information, it has to run as the CPT ND so both the main and the lower DU show the same data, which defeats the purpose of a lower DU.

I have edited the DISPLAY.ini file to only use MFD but in order to see the
the engine display I have to use F2 and the cycle 1. F7 just turns off the MFD.

What am I doing wrong?. Thanks.
Jetcos

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The key commands will do this with every display.

How are you interfacing the 2 buttons on your MIP? SYS and ENG? There are 2 offsets to control those features. If you use the Sim-A EFIS page and go to the DSP GUI you can click on the ENG and STATUS buttons. This will change the MFD displays correctly. Using the other keyboard functions is not the correct way to control the MFD page.
jf

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have wired the MFD push buttons - The EICAS DSP tested in the server. Again, it only works when the B777 mode is selected in the aircraft detail in the server menu; trouble is, it changes the CDU specs to B777 so PERF is for the 777 and the keymap selected for B373 does not match the flight model.

Back in B737 mode, again results in inability to select R or L displays from the DSP. It defaults to centre display and will work only if the CPT ND page is active which results in changing both the CPT and lower EICAS at the same time.

The MFD PB on the MIP also does the same thing. So I think is software related.

If needed I will post a short video to demonstrate this.
Using MFD_DISPLAY_POSITION= and MFD_DISLPLAY= makes no difference.
I am using version 1.40.
MarkHastings

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The easiest way to interface the MFD Synoptics screens is to use the Multifunction code.

1: Ensure the lower display is running an MFD display (F7)
2: Ensure FSUIPC Inputs is enabled
3: Ensure in the FSUIPC_IO.ini file
Code:
[FSUIPC_MULTI_FUNCTION]
MULTI_FUNCTION=53DB

The Synoptics Multifunction codes are:
301=ENG
302=SYS

Writing the value 301 to offset 53DB (WORD/Size=2)
will display the ENG page.

Writing the value 302 to offset 53DB (WORD/Size=2)
will display the SYS page.

You can add an action to perform this in InterfaceIT or SIOC (or FSUIPC if you want a joystick button to trigger the modes).

You should also be careful with your assignments for:
INBOARD_DSPL_L=
INBOARD_DSPL_R=
LOWER_DSPL_L=
LOWER_DSPL_R=

If you don't have these switches available in your sim then I would suggest that you remove any offset assignments.

If you do have them then check :
INBOARD_DSPL_L + R values must = 1
and the
LOWER_DSPL_L + R values must = 0

This will set the switches to the NORM position allowing the MFD to operate correctly.
fordgt40

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mark

The FSUIPC_IO.INI lines

LOWER_DSPL_L=
LOWER_DSPL_R=

are not in the file, hence my email to you earlier

Do I just add these lines then give them my offsets?

Regards

David
jf

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mark.
Thanks for your replay.

I reviewed the InterfaceIT assignments. I changed them to MF Offset 53DB.

I noticed that I did not have the MIP DUS's and LOWER DU's wired, so no assignments there, but I had the OVHD Panel Display Selectors wired. I removed the SA assignments just in case.

I still have the same problem, been it that I have to press F2 in the MFD to get a display and this results in both the CPT ND and the lower DU displaying the ENG or SYS pages. If I assign FO to the FMD nothing gets displayed. F7 just hides it. I added the MFD_DISPLAY_POSITION=0 to the
DISPLAY.ini of the FMD, no luck either.

The MFD MIP buttons send the correct signal, it is just that it only displays it when in CPT ND ( F7 off and F2 on ).
Should I reinstall the clients?

JF
jf

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 11:16 am    Post subject: Problem solved Reply with quote

Just an update. I finally was able to get the lower DU to work as an MFD properly. It took wiring both the CPT and FO controls for the DU's and assign them through TekWorx to their proper function for Sim-Avionics.

Now the lower DU cycles through the ENG and SYS pages when pressing the respective buttons on the MIP ( they are wired too ) as well as turning the DU off as one cycled through them.
Beautiful to see indeed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> Sim-Avionics Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: