Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
Technical Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sim Avionics questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> Sim-Avionics Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
omera60

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 4:15 pm    Post subject: Sim Avionics questions Reply with quote

Hi All,

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all. I have several questions.

1) When setting the minimums on both RA and Baro mode the number goes up or down 10 feet, I can't set the proper decision heights on the aircraft while landing.

2)On the Speed Tape while the aircraft is parked or taxiing it shows 30 kts but on the real NG this is 45 kts. 30 is shown on 777 not the 737.

3)On the ND there is a extended heading line(the white one on the center). While flying in windy conditions this lines starts to show FPV angle where as on the real NG no matter what it's always centered. Again, 777 feature on 737.

4) When I click the CTR button for the ND twice vertical situation display (VSD) comes up. While approaching to a runway on the 737 the system draws a 10 NM glide path, on Sim-A this is missing.

5)Again on the VSD the terrain is always present where as on Sim-A it's displayed only when I select the TERR from the EFIS control panel.

Mark can you kindly look at these issues for 1.55 update please? Also is the feature for clearing the flight plan below 20 gs included in this next update for the users who wish to do so?

Best Wishes to all...
Omer Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) As far as I can tell the minimum increment is in 10s, so you would round to the nearest 10. But I'm happy to adjust this if any real world pilots can confirm otherwise.

2) I've been doing some research and although it's possibly an option, 45 seems to be the most common min speed, so I'll adjust the 737 mode accordingly.

3) It depends if the TRK or HDG option is used by the airline.
If you select AUTO or TRK mode on the Server > Aircraft Details page then the line will always be centred to the aircraft track.
However in HDG mode the line will depict the track.
I have found several real world pictures showing both modes.

4) The Runway glide path is displayed on the VSD when the ILS is tuned and active (raw data). I need to check if it should be based on NAV database or from raw data.

5) I will default the Terrain ON in the VSD.

Thanks for the feedback
omera60

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarkHastings wrote:
1) As far as I can tell the minimum increment is in 10s, so you would round to the nearest 10. But I'm happy to adjust this if any real world pilots can confirm otherwise.

2) I've been doing some research and although it's possibly an option, 45 seems to be the most common min speed, so I'll adjust the 737 mode accordingly.

If you select AUTO or TRK mode on the Server > Aircraft Details page then the line will always be centred to the aircraft track.

4) The Runway glide path is displayed on the VSD when the ILS is tuned and active (raw data). I need to check if it should be based on NAV database or from raw data.

Thanks for the feedback

Dear Mark,

1)For the minimums thing I will ask a pilot friend of mine but in the mean time I found a video on youtube showing the decision altitude being set to 129 RA it is shown 0.38 you can see. The video is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bm02l989PUw&index=1&list=PLQR3X8_t24hh69ApDGWvrhIfYKMks2OKm

For the rest, thank you for looking into them and I'll try the option you suggested for the extended heading line. I also saw that on 737 the runway that appears on the PFD during landings is green but on Sim-A its yellowish color, can you please check this and confirm it with me? By the way, I was wondering if you can add an option for the total fuel indicator (the boxed one) please?

Edit: I also found a photo showing Baro as 277 : http://www.b737.org.uk/images/pfd.jpg

Best,
Omer Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarkHastings wrote:

Thanks for the feedback

Dear Mark,

1)For the minimums thing I will ask a pilot friend of mine but in the mean time I found a video on youtube showing the decision altitude being set to 129 RA it is shown 0.38 you can see. The video is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bm02l989PUw&index=1&list=PLQR3X8_t24hh69ApDGWvrhIfYKMks2OKm

For the rest, thank you for looking into them and I'll try the option you suggested for the extended heading line. I also saw that on 737 the runway that appears on the PFD during landings is green but on Sim-A its yellowish color, can you please check this and confirm it with me? By the way, I was wondering if you can add an option for the total fuel indicator (the boxed one) please?

Edit: I also found a photo showing Baro as 277 : http://www.b737.org.uk/images/pfd.jpg

Edit 2: I just talked to a pilot friend of mine on the phone. He told me that indeed on 737's BARO/RA minimums increment is 1 by 1. He told me that if you rotate and hold the rotary then it will start to to up by 10.

Best,
Omer Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The difficulty we have is that the real DH adjustment knob is 4 positions.
Two slow adjustments and two fast adjustments. So it can move in 10's or 1's

These knobs are extremely difficult to make and it's extremely expensive to purchase the real ones, so in most cases a rotary encoder is used.

If I set this to adjust by 1's then it could take ages to set the high DH values.
This is why I set it to adjust in 10's.... It seemed like a good compromise.
fordgt40

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are using encoders and SIOC, then you can largely overcome this problem by increasing the "acceleration" argument. That will cause the values to increase by easily 10 per detent when the knob is moved quickly reducing to inc/dec by one when the knob is moved slowly.
omera60

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarkHastings wrote:
The difficulty we have is that the real DH adjustment knob is 4 positions.
Two slow adjustments and two fast adjustments. So it can move in 10's or 1's

These knobs are extremely difficult to make and it's extremely expensive to purchase the real ones, so in most cases a rotary encoder is used.

If I set this to adjust by 1's then it could take ages to set the high DH values.
This is why I set it to adjust in 10's.... It seemed like a good compromise.

I see Mark... If I may, there is 1 more thing that I would like to mention. On the MCP the speed is 200 by default is there any change you can set it to 100 as well as the courses and headings, they show 360 instead of 000. Thank you so much for taking care of these requests. Happy New Year Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right, they are 777 defaults on power up... I'll amend for the 737.
omera60

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarkHastings wrote:
You're right, they are 777 defaults on power up... I'll amend for the 737.

Thanks for the support Mark, eagerly waiting for the update Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> Sim-Avionics Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: