FDS-B737-PRO-MX-CDU, PMDG 777 and Prepar3d V4

Dedicated to The Support of All Flightdeck Solutions, Ltd Products

Moderators: Curtis, Jetcos

eddiedewson

FDS-B737-PRO-MX-CDU, PMDG 777 and Prepar3d V4

Post by eddiedewson »

I realise it's still very early days since the release of P3D V4 but wondering if anyone has had any success getting their CDU running with the PMDG 777 using the FDS-PMDG-Controller V1.0 software in P3d V4?

For me the FDS-PMDG-Controller program runs for a short time then crashes, I've never had it detect the 777 when p3d is running and the cdu remains off. I assume this is due to p3dv4 being 64bit.

I plan to use my CDU mostly for the PMDG 737NGX once released for P3D V4. and wondering if will this be possible with the curennt software or if we have to be patient and await an update, happy to do this of course.

Everything worked great in P3D V3. I simply used the CDU controller software and could select either PMDG or PMDG777 modules with my B737-PRO-MX-CDU

Any advise would be much appreciated

Thanks

creppel

Post by creppel »

I am about to switch from FSX to P3D v4 and very interested too.
The 737 CDU is running very well in my FSX.
For P3D I bought a new computer and first thing is to get the display connected because my new graphic card does not have an output for vga.
Regards, Chris

pcos
Site Admin

Post by pcos »

Tekworx is reviewing all of this and working through the various elements. Some patience requested.
Peter

DaddyBooks

Follow-Up on P3D v4

Post by DaddyBooks »

Hello Peter, Steve and Team...

Has any progress been made on this? I am just beginning the plunge to P3D v4 and the PMDG 737NGX. So far, it doesn't appear that P3D v4 is able to interface.

interfaceIT does interface correctly but as I recall, all of my configuration uses the PMDG offsets mapped in FSUIPC provided so graciously by Pete Dawson and now supported in FSUIPC5.

I did not install the older versions of SimConnect included with P3D v4 (in the redist) as PMDG 737NGX appears to no longer require it. I'll try that next.

Thanks in advance for any steering.

...Robert

eddiedewson

Re: Follow-Up on P3D v4

Post by eddiedewson »

DaddyBooks wrote:Hello Peter, Steve and Team...

Has any progress been made on this? I am just beginning the plunge to P3D v4 and the PMDG 737NGX. So far, it doesn't appear that P3D v4 is able to interface.

interfaceIT does interface correctly but as I recall, all of my configuration uses the PMDG offsets mapped in FSUIPC provided so graciously by Pete Dawson and now supported in FSUIPC5.

I did not install the older versions of SimConnect included with P3D v4 (in the redist) as PMDG 737NGX appears to no longer require it. I'll try that next.

Thanks in advance for any steering.

...Robert
Hi Robert, have you had any success with the PMDG and P3D V4 as yet?

I do have my FDS CDU working with the iFly 737 in P3D V4, although I did have to figure out different panel sizes for the FMC panel before it would display correctly on my FDS CDU

Eddie

creppel

Re: Follow-Up on P3D v4

Post by creppel »

eddiedewson wrote: I do have my FDS CDU working with the iFly 737 in P3D V4, although I did have to figure out different panel sizes for the FMC panel before it would display correctly on my FDS CDU
Eddie
Which steps did you do? I don´t have success with my PMDG Boeing.
Regards, Chris

Richard Simoneau

Post by Richard Simoneau »

Steve mentioned to me a few weeks ago that the software to interface the CDU with PMDG in V4 was pn it's way in the near future. I'm ordering mine now. Hopefully by the time I receive it , the software will be out. Looks like a great device.
Richard Simoneau

Richard Simoneau

Just wondering if there are any news or timeframe for the software to interface PMDG products with the FMC.
Richard Simoneau

Richard Simoneau

I just saw the announcement regarding the compatibility of the CDU with P3D v4.1 and PMDG. My order has been placed.
Looking forward to ad my first piece of FDS hardware to my sim.
Richard Simoneau

creppel

Post by creppel »

Richard Simoneau wrote:I just saw the announcement regarding the compatibility of the CDU with P3D v4.1 and PMDG. My order has been placed.
Looking forward to ad my first piece of FDS hardware to my sim.
Thanks for information in this post. :)
Regards, Chris

creppel

Post by creppel »

I have it running now, but the FDS-PMDG-Controller Software crashed many times during my first two hours flight. I had to close and restart it.
The display is running further but I am unable to make any input via the keys.
Would a log help to find a solution for that?
Regards, Chris

creppel

Post by creppel »

Still struggling with that. Anybody else?
I tried to disable my anti-virus program but that doesn´t help.
The log shows just key presses und I am unable to find a windows error message for that.
Regards, Chris