Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
Technical Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Uncontrollable roll is back after updating 1.83 (Resolved)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> Sim-Avionics Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jemac3

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:16 pm    Post subject: Uncontrollable roll is back after updating 1.83 (Resolved) Reply with quote

Afternoon,
After updating from 1.80 to 1.83 I am experiencing the uncontrollable roll again, The sudden descent is not happening. I did verify that turbulence is off and did complete the recalls as per the instructions. Turning the yaw damper off has no affect...

Thanks for any guidance
Jimmy Mac
jemac3

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Continued testing but no success very frustrating.

I even edited \server\FSX-Sim-Avionics-B737.cfg file applying the fix Mark provided under the [AUTOPILOT] section (Which did resolve the issues in 1.80) that didn't help.

Has anyone else been experiencing this issue?

Thanks,
Jimmy Mac
Jetrotor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello jemac3

Unfortunately I'm experiencing the same thing. I have no clue what is causing this.
ddoyle

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI I did.

My problem was in FSUIPC.

Check and make sure that your rudder does not go from the min straight to max value. Below is how I fixed mine.

1) Deleted values in FSUIPC
2) Windows control panel and click on default settings.
3) Restrated P3D v3.4 and opended flight.
4) Opened FSUIPC and reset the values min and max. I also made sure that when centred the rudder walue is 0. Or inside the null zone.

The above solved my problem.

Damian Doyle
Flight Sim Enthusiast and 737 STKQ owner.
Palmerston, NT Australia

FS PC; i5-4460 @ 3.2 Ghz, 8GB G.Skill RAM, GTX 680 4GB, 2TB HDD ( Adding 250 GB SSD)
P3D V3.4
jemac3

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morning,
Thank you for the responses. I was beginning to think I was the only one experiencing this issue.

I have deleted and reinstalled FSUIPC and experienced the same issue.
I did notice that when I am having this issue I shutdown the server (In my Avionics PC) and I do get control back and will continue to test. I did submit this issue through the Sim-Avionics web and just waiting for a response.

Thanks,
Jimmy Mac
Fred

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting.....

Be sure to check/recalibrate your rudder axis in Windows, and then after in FSUIPC of course.

I only say this because after updating from 1.80 to 1.83 I was also experiencing erratic rudder response. I was somewhat surprised when I checked my Windows calibration and found it to be way off. Crazy, since all the other Windows calibrations were OK. So why that was the only one that changed is a mystery, but once I did the recalibration all was fine again. So perhaps my rudder USB connection became recognized as a different device somehow.

Fred K
jemac3

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Fred,
I did that this morning and that did not resolve my issue.

Question about the aircraft install:
I had already updated to 1.80 including the aircraft. do I have to reinstall the aircraft when I update to 1.83? it looked like th4 same file?

Thanks,
Jimmy Mac
Jetrotor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

Just want to make note and observation...I shut down my Sim Avionic server and I notice I was still running V 1.80, maybe I did a wrong install. I'm now running V 1.83.

The other is minimizing the rudder sensitivity "Slope" in FSUIPC, it made a huge difference.

I'm using a Precision FLight Control Rudder paddle, not the ideal rudder I like to use over FDS rudder paddle.

Hope this works!
jemac3

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Appreciate the info,
I too am using the Precision Rudders ( Cirrus Rudder Boeing Style) with a ACE yoke.

I will try the Slope setting. I did some more testing and went to extremal rear view watching for any rudder issues and saw no change as I took off and immediately rolled to the left. Not sure if I would see anything but checked that off ..This is very frustrating...

Jimmy Mac
belisba

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am also using the Precision Rudders ( Cirrus Rudder Boeing Style) with 1.83 and so far not having any issues, but I've only done one full flight so far under 1.83.
Fred

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Hello,

Just want to make note and observation...I shut down my Sim Avionic server and I notice I was still running V 1.80, maybe I did a wrong install. I'm now running V 1.83.

The other is minimizing the rudder sensitivity "Slope" in FSUIPC, it made a huge difference.

I'm using a Precision FLight Control Rudder paddle, not the ideal rudder I like to use over FDS rudder paddle.

Hope this works!

What slope setting are you using?

Rudder sensitivity does seem to be a bit too sensitive here. I want to explore tuning that down a bit. Had a bit of difficulty yesterday landing in a crosswind situation.

FYI - I also have PFC rudders.

Fred K
jemac3

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morning,
I have never used the slope setting in the past as the control was never an issue until 1.80 and now 1.83.

I did play wth the setting last night and got to about 5 which did help some but still believe its something in the avionics software. I sent a couple requests to the support at sim avionics about this issue hopefully I'll get a response soon.

Jimmy Mac
Jetrotor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello

jemac3 and Fred - I agree that something has changed from one version to the next. I also want to note that there not many post regard this particular issue, so I'm guessing that may be a problem with PFC Pedal.

During the troubleshooting process I notices to much rudder sensitive particularly in the null zone, flying the 737 only, (without the Avionic). The PFC unit in my opinion has to much mechanical and slop couple with a potentiometer will cause a lot of inaccuracies which lead me to reduce the sensitivity in FSUIPC and set it to "5"

I personally do not prefer PFC, I had many problems and issues with the one I have, nevertheless, I will eventually buy a FDS rudder

I like to here from Mark H. is there's and issue, but for now this will work for me.

One more thing I like to add:

Opened FSUIPC and reset the values min and max. I also made sure that when centred the rudder walue is 0. Or inside the null zone.

Look at your input and output window in FSUIPC and make sure the output is "0"....the input value will be some arbitrary value
jemac3

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetrotor,

Thanks I will try that as I have been messing with my Ace yoke setting in FSUIPC. overlooked the Rudder settings outside of the slope.

I did hear from Mark and he explained he has not heard of anymore issues and has installed 3 servers without issue.

Jimmy Mac
Fred

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay...regarding the overly sensitive rudder I am experiencing....this encouragingly seems to be a solution:

In the FSUIPC5.ini I changed the joystick calibration value limits for my rudder to about double that what they normally are. In other words those pot value limits are normally about -16,380 and 16,380. I changed those respectively to -32,000 and 32,000.

So the result is that at full deflection of my rudder pedals the effective rudder output reading is cut in half. That shows up exactly as you would expect on the MFD controls page for rudder movement. I kept the slope response as linear.

I just ran some aborted takeoff runs on the ground and can very nicely control the rudder steering at speeds of 145+ knots.

I need to test the behavior in the air. I am going to try to duplicate the conditions of my crosswind flight that I had a problem with yesterday.

Since this only changes a joystick input parameter I would not expect that it will have any influence on any autopilot functions.

Perhaps this item needs to be discussed in a separate thread though.

Fred K
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> Sim-Avionics Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: