Compatible Software

A forum for open discussions. Feel free to discuss any and all elements of Flightdeck Building. NB: This section is for individual builders to openly discuss issues that may or may not pertain to FDS. Organizations/Political Groups or Commercial Entities Will require approval prior to posting. Prior Approval From FDS required prior to posting items for sale. No Exceptions.

Moderators: Curtis, Jetcos

mrn123

Compatible Software

Post by mrn123 »

What’s the difference between Sim-Avioncs, ProSim737 & Project Magenta?

mrn123

Post by mrn123 »

Not one person here knows???

787 George

Post by 787 George »

MRN123,

This is going to require research on your part I believe because it will be a lengthy answer. I would suggest going to each website to see what each piece of software does so YOU can make an educated decision.
Myself, I use Sim-Avionics and am very happy with it and have been using it over the past 3 years or so. I have tried Pro-Sim but it was not easy to setup and the support was awful (my opinion)

George
JetMax 737 SKTQ, Overhead, Pedestal. Precision Flight Controls Yoke & Rudder Pedals, Atari800 XL and Commodore 64 Computers

mrn123

Post by mrn123 »

Thanks for the reply. Was hoping I’d get responses from different people who had experience with all 3. Each website talks like they are the best.

Jetcos

Post by Jetcos »

My suggestion is to try the demo versions of each. They all do as they say, provide the avionics for the aircraft they offer. Each has their own way of supporting the integration of hardware to software.

I use Sim-Avionics for B737 and also support and use ProSim for A320 with customers using either Sim-A and ProSim.

"Each website talks like they are the best", isn't that how competition works? Just like car companies, phone providers and airlines? ETC...
Steve Cos
Vice President and Tech Support
Flightdeck Solutions (FDS)

mrn123

Post by mrn123 »

"Each website talks like they are the best", isn't that how competition works? Just like car companies, phone providers and airlines? ETC...

Hence why I’m here looking for input

pcos
Site Admin

Post by pcos »

Moving this from the Sim-Avionics FAQ Area (More for sharing info than public discussion)..
Peter