NVidia vs Matrox Triplehead 2 Go, Which is Better Way?

A forum for open discussions. Feel free to discuss any and all elements of Flightdeck Building. NB: This section is for individual builders to openly discuss issues that may or may not pertain to FDS. Organizations/Political Groups or Commercial Entities Will require approval prior to posting. Prior Approval From FDS required prior to posting items for sale. No Exceptions.

Moderators: Curtis, Jetcos

JeffC

NVidia vs Matrox Triplehead 2 Go, Which is Better Way?

Post by JeffC »

All,

I want to use 3 - 55"or 60" TV's one straight in front and the other two at 45's for the OTW Views. I have saw other examples of this online and wanted to get some direction/opinions on nVidia triple setup vs the Matrox triplehead 2 go, if anyone can shed some technical and directional light would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks All
Jeff in St.Paul, MN

Jetcos

Post by Jetcos »

If you are using an nVidia graphics card you can just use nVidia Surround to stretch the views across the 3 TV's. Lots of info out there on how to do it and also YouTube.
Steve Cos
Vice President and Tech Support
Flightdeck Solutions (FDS)

Winstonc

Post by Winstonc »

Hi Jeff,

Just checking that you are not intending to run your 3 views in 4k as neither NVidia or Matrox setups will be able to drive that. 1080p should be fine though.

David

Banananav

Post by Banananav »

Hi Jeff
I started with TH2Go but switched to nVidia Surround some years ago when I got an FSX optimised PC.
NVidia is easier to use, I think, and has an easy bezel correction which I find works well with some narrow bezel Benq monitors.
But with either system you get picture “stretch� on the outer monitors with both FSX and P3D v4, which I am using.
Regards.
Chris
Chris Finn

Jetmax 737-800 & TQ
P3D 4.5 HotFix2
S-A 1.964
FSUIPC 5.152