Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
The place to meet and talk with fellow builders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

B737NG to MAX Upgrade

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Customer Project Updates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GCabral

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:42 pm    Post subject: B737NG to MAX Upgrade Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

This is my first post since I started a while back on my 737NG project, never felt compelled to post anything, always seemed to be a step behind everyone else in this forum, any issues I came across someone else had already posted the answer.

However, this time I feel I have something good to share with all the nice people in this forum. Despite not yet have completed my 737NG project (still missing the liners, pedestal radios, proper rudder pedals and a few miscellaneous items) I felt that the upgrade was the right thing to do at this time. I am fortunate enough to have a very close relationship with the team at FDS and being able to walk in and talk directly with Peter/Steve at any time puts me in a privileged position.

Just some feedback, the upgrade is simpler than what you may think, so far I only converted the MIP section including the replacement of the lower EICAS monitor with the new MAX “Brake” panel. There are a few items in the overhead and Aft overhead that need to be converted, also the EFIS panels have a new design with the introduction of the VSD button. (can be controlled from SIM-A if you need the function to be activated).The MCP remains exactly the same. The throttle has been changed a bit as well but won’t stop you from flying the new MAX aircraft with your current unit.
The AFDS’s have a new design, the test switch is now on the top middle section of the AFDS panel instead of the right/center section, however the functionality remains exactly the same, in my opinion there is no need to upgrade the AFDS’s, at least not at this time.

A new SIM-A license is required in order to activate the B737MAX configuration, please contact Mark for further details.

My first impressions:I was blown away with the new glass display, it makes a huge difference having the bigger displays, once you go bigger you never go back… . Also having the landing gear moved to the center of the MIP section make it a lot easier for the CP to reach. I feel I’m flying a whole new airplane with very minor “training” required.

Please feel free to ask me any questions regarding the upgrade (except pricing, you will need to contact Peter for your individual needs).

I have some pics posted, more to be added soon.

https://1drv.ms/a/s!ArToVfo2beSrikYX1TTn3o1zif4F

Copy and paste

GCabral
sacrayton

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GCabral,

Great to feel the excitement into the new "Max!" I am currently awaiting delivery of my new "Max" DST soon. It will be a while before I get the new PC built and the existing one modified for my new cockpit. I do have a curious question? What throttle quadrant are you using that interfaces with Sim-A? The FDS site shows no TQ products. My next purchase will be the TQ and Radio Pedestal.

Regards,
Stephen
GCabral

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sacrayton

Currently using the Jet Max TQ (non-motorized), I was fortunate enough to get it from FDS before the Jet Max line was sold to a third party. At some point will upgrade to a motorized version but not in the radar at this point

GCabral.
sacrayton

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay. Thanks...

Stephen
pcos
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are deep into the development of our B737NG/B737MAX TQs... first ones are being built now... we will announce details and pricing when we are ready for production.
These pieces are exactly what our many customers have asked from us...
Peter
Flightdeck Solutions (FDS)
sacrayton

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perfect response Peter. I look forward to further details when posted for purchase.

Regards,
Stephen
787 George

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great news Peter.

George
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Customer Project Updates All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: