Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
Technical Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

V 1.91 Leading edge devices and FSUIPC

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> Sim-Avionics Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pippo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:37 am    Post subject: V 1.91 Leading edge devices and FSUIPC Reply with quote

Hi, I’m having no luck in getting the LEDevices indications operating either in the software overhead panel or on my hardware panel using FSUIPC offsets.
I’m getting the correct flap indications in the server and on the PFD but nothing happens to the LE edge indications software panel or with the offsets assigned. Regards Mike
Jetcos

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you not using the SYSBoard Controller for the assignments?
Pippo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Steve, no as all my hardware is connected using opencockpits cards and exclusively fsuipc. That's why I went for the Sim-Avionics package with its ability to operate all the software functions using fsuipc offsets. The flaps lever operates a series of microswitches connected to a Leo Bodnar joystick card and fsuipc offsets assigned in the fsuipc control panel in the sim. The Leading edge devices panel is a real 737 unit I converted to connect to my opencockpits usb displays card for its outputs. I have problems getting the software flaps guage to work as in my previous post. With the le devices, I can't understand why the server shows the correct commanded flap position but it doesn't change my designated le devices offsets or even change the gauge on the software overhead panel.
fordgt40

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets try the simple things first. Have you ticked the box in the server control panel to enable inputs/outputs? If so, have you tried entering one of the fsuipc_io.ini outputs allocated to the LE device lights in the Offset Monitor? If so did the value change to 1 when the flaps are extended?
Pippo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely, I have set up the server options as required, all my dozens of other inputs and outputs are working fine using fsuipc offsets defined in the FSUIPC I/O interface. Ivev setup so far the EFIS, MCP, INS display and control, the CDU etc. all work fine using defined offsets or values provided to the multioffset. All my throttle and flight controls work fine as does the flaps lever including it being recognised and reflecting the flaps position in the Server control panel and the PDF bugs. The offset definitions are as follows in the FSUIPC I/O interface...

MIP_LE_DEVICE_L_INNER_TRANSIT=5500
MIP_LE_DEVICE_L_INNER_EXT=5501
MIP_LE_DEVICE_L_OUTER_TRANSIT=5502
MIP_LE_DEVICE_L_OUTER_EXT=5503
MIP_LE_DEVICE_L_OUTER_FULL_EXT=5504
MIP_LE_DEVICE_R_INNER_TRANSIT=5505
MIP_LE_DEVICE_R_INNER_EXT=5506
MIP_LE_DEVICE_R_OUTER_TRANSIT=5507
MIP_LE_DEVICE_R_OUTER_EXT=5508
MIP_LE_DEVICE_R_OUTER_FULL_EXT=5509

I've even tried them in this section of the interface: (I find the interface highly confusing at it lacks clear descriptions of the various sections)

LE_DEVICE_L_INNER_TRANSIT=
LE_DEVICE_L_INNER_EXT=
LE_DEVICE_L_OUTER_TRANSIT=
LE_DEVICE_L_OUTER_EXT=
LE_DEVICE_L_OUTER_FULL_EXT=
LE_DEVICE_R_INNER_TRANSIT=
LE_DEVICE_R_INNER_EXT=
LE_DEVICE_R_OUTER_TRANSIT=
LE_DEVICE_R_OUTER_EXT=
LE_DEVICE_R_OUTER_FULL_EXT=

It doesn't make any difference, there is still no change in the offset monitor, always stuck at 0. If I send the value of 1 to the offset , it will operate the appropriate LE device segment on my hardware panel but immediately returns to 0 regardless of the commanded flap position. Even if I use the System control panel "Flight controls Config 1" to change the flaps position , the offsets dont change and neither do the LE Devices indication in the Software overhead panel, all other indications that I've tried are ok.

There is in my opinion something amiss in the flow of flaps data through the system to the other dependent systems such as the LE devices and the software Overhead and software flaps guage (which is currently unresolved for me from my previous post highlighting it. )

Regards Mike
fordgt40

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike

Your own user FSUIPC offsets must be within 5300 to 53FF Crying or Very sad

David
Pippo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi David, I know that range is “ reserved” for Sim Avionics within Peter Dowson register but the offset range from 5400 onwards is also available as its not being used by any other systems running on the sim. The document with the program information shows 5400 and onwards being used as an example in the image showing the use of the FSUIPC I/O interface.
I have already tried assigning the le device offsets to use individual bits within a single 5310 offset .
Just to be absolutely sure though, I’ve just tried assigning them to offsets beginning 5350....Still not working though.
Regards Mike
fordgt40

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike

Ok, I understand. I just prefer to keep to the letter of guidance in manuals rather than assume Smile

You seem to have covered most bases, so I can add little further

Good luck

David
Pippo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi David, it's all a bit confusing coming into this from my previous iFly737 pro setup. I suppose that when Mark Hastings is back from his break there will be some clarity. I followed your advice regarding local coding of the fire panels..that worked out very well. I'm pretty sure that all the really important functional systems will be ok when I get to them. Many thanks for your input, it's appreciated...
Regards Mike
Jetcos

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you try these?

LE_DEVICE_L_INNER_TRANSIT=53AAb0
LE_DEVICE_L_INNER_EXT=53AAb1
LE_DEVICE_L_OUTER_TRANSIT=53AAb2
LE_DEVICE_L_OUTER_EXT=53AAb3
LE_DEVICE_L_OUTER_FULL_EXT=53AAb4
LE_DEVICE_R_INNER_TRANSIT=53ABb0
LE_DEVICE_R_INNER_EXT=53ABb1
LE_DEVICE_R_OUTER_TRANSIT=53ABb2
LE_DEVICE_R_OUTER_EXT=53ABb3
LE_DEVICE_R_OUTER_FULL_EXT=53ABb4
Pippo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Steve, I've tried exactly as you suggested but without any success...the behaviour of these offsets is the same as I previously found for any offsets I've tried.
I changed the FSUIPC I/O interface script to match your suggestion and created a new SIOC script for my panel.
With everything running, if I move my flaps lever, the Server control panel under the "Main" tab shows the correct commanded flap position as does the
"Flight Controls / Flight Controls Config 1"panel. The software overhead panel shows no activation of any of the LE Devices lights when flaps are changed. The Offset monitor shows no change in the assigned offsets either. As before if I send a value of 1 (or 2, 4, 8, 16) directly to the offset using the "Set Value" function, the offset current value momentarily changes to the correct value then immediately returns to zero, allowing the appropriate output in my LE devices panel to momentarily illuminate. In order to negate any influence from my SIOC script, I have tested this without the scripts running and even without the Flight simulator X software running. The result is the same when setting the offset manually using the Set value function, it does not keep the value.

Regards Mike
Pippo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Steve, I've done some further testing and I am now thoroughly confused as to what's happening with the FSUIPC offset facility.

I set up the Leading edge offsets as you suggested...

I then set up an offset for the leading edge lights test using the multi offset 53DB.

I then set up the FSUIPC offset monitor with these offset values but when I send the multi offset value of 1124 (LE TEST ON) it produces a decimal value of 2 for the 53AA offset and 18 for the 53AB offset.

This is surely wrong in both cases... each offset should be setting to decimal 31. This is the binary value 00011111 to set the designated bits in the two offsets defined in the FSUIPC I/O interface. This can be tested without any hardware connected. I checked to make sure that no other offsets were conflicting....

What do I try now?
Regards Mike
Pippo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just for completion, I defined a joystick button to use the "LE DEVICES TEST PUSHED" setting in the SYS board controller.....

Its the same result, it sends the values 2 and 18 to the offsets .
Interestingly in the software overhead panel , all the segments illuminate whether I use the multi offset to send the value or the sys board defined button for the LE test. The offset values though are still the 2 and 18.....
Regards Mike
Pippo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Saga continues.... First the good news, I managed to get the leading edge devices working properly and also the flap indications working on the EICAS.
Now the not so good.... Although my setup is for the 737ng aircraft type I only managed to get flap indications by using the "DISPLAY_777_STYLE_FLAP=1" line in its ini file (I'm using a 737 setup). I haven't managed to find any way to get the round dial flaps software gauge working in any configuration.
In order to get both the LE devices panel working properly I had to firstly set up an axis in FSUIPC as "Flaps" Fortunately when I converted my real Tornado Throttle unit to work as a motorised 737 I added a joystick axis to the flaps mechanism to supplement the micro switches which are used to trigger flap positions by means of offsets. After I defined the flaps calibration settings in the server the , ribbon indicator worked but no actual flap positions displayed along side it. The LE devices also worked this way but only if the offsets were set up in the section...
MIP_LE_DEVICE_L_INNER_TRANSIT=53AAb3
MIP_LE_DEVICE_L_INNER_EXT=53AAb4
Etc.
If I defined the offsets in the
LE_DEVICE_L_INNER_TRANSIT=
LE_DEVICE_L_INNER_EXT=
LE_DEVICE_L_OUTER_TRANSIT=
section, they don't work.

In order to get the actual flap number displayed in the EICAS along side the ribbon I also had to set up direct flaps control offsets in FSUIPC using the microswitches to trigger the correct value using the server FSUIPC i/o multioffset.
Its only with the flaps defined twice in this way that I can get it all to work.
Surely this cant be right...
Regards Mike
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> Sim-Avionics Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: