Overhead Electrical Panel

A forum for open discussions. Feel free to discuss any and all elements of Flightdeck Building. NB: This section is for individual builders to openly discuss issues that may or may not pertain to FDS. Organizations/Political Groups or Commercial Entities Will require approval prior to posting. Prior Approval From FDS required prior to posting items for sale. No Exceptions.

Moderators: Curtis, Jetcos

VE3ORE

Overhead Electrical Panel

Post by VE3ORE »

Here is a question concerning starting from cold and dark.

Switching on the batteries several items on the overhead light up... as expected. The Battery discharge indicator on the electrical panel illuminates as expected.

However the Electrical metering remains off - dark. Is this correct. I would have thought it would be important to be able to measure both the voltage from the batteries and the current draw before starting the APU.

Is this how the real plane works or have I got something set up wrong?

My overhead is an FDS Jetmax unit.

Andy

Jetcos

Post by Jetcos »

Hi Andy,

Compare it to the Virtual OH in your Avionics software.

Is the display on?
Steve Cos
Vice President and Tech Support
Flightdeck Solutions (FDS)

VE3ORE

Post by VE3ORE »

Hi Steve,

The display IS ON, in the Virtual Overhead. The physical one only comes alive when the APU is put on line or ground power is connected. All other items on the virtual seem to be in sync with the physical.

As a matter of interest, when landing, taxing to the gate and switching off engines.....but not connecting ground power or starting the APU, just battery power, the display does show DC volts and DC amps with battery discharge as I would expect.