Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
The place to meet and talk with fellow builders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Auto Login and application Startup....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> Open Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
B737MAX

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:21 pm    Post subject: Auto Login and application Startup.... Reply with quote

I rebuilt all my servers this weekend upgrading them to Windows 10 and I was sharing w/Axel how I have automated the login process.. So I thought I would share it here in case anyone else is interested....

There are two processes listed below. The first one automates the login process (if you need to login) so that when you turn on your PC, it will automatically login and proceed to the desktop.

The second process gets you to the startup folder on Windows 10 really quick so you can add your shortcuts...

This is written for Windows 10....

AUTO LOGIN PROCEDURE:

1) Start -> Windows System -> Run ( or <windows key> + R )
2) In the "open" field type: Regedt32
3) When Asked, "Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?", Click "Yes"
4) Navigate the tree view as follows:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE / Software / Microsoft / Windows NT / CurrentVersion / Winlogon
5) You need to Setup three "String" keys.... The first two of them below may already be there... if not create them as follows:
a. in the right pane, right click and select: New -> String Value
b. Type the name of the String key as listed below and press <Enter>
c. find the name of the key you just created in the right pane, right click on it, and select "Modify"
d. Enter the correct value for the key you created ( For AutoAdminLogon, set the value to: 1 )
6) Using the instructions in step 5 above, create the following three CASE SENSITIVE keys:
a. AutoAdminLogon Value: 1
b. DefaultUserName Value: The username you use to logon to this computer
c. DefaultPassword Value: The password for the username created in step b above.
( Don't use the password for your Online Bank account as this is obviously not secure )
6a) If your computers are on an active directory domain, you will need to create one additional key:
a. DefaultDomain Value: the name of your active directory domain
7) Close Registry Editor
Cool Reboot Computer
9) If all goes well, your computer should automagically login and show the desktop.

AUTO PROGRAM START PROCEDURE:

1) Start -> Windows System -> Run ( or <windows key> + R )
2) In the "open" field type: shell:startup and press <ENTER>
3) This will open the startup folder
4) create a shortcut for each program you want to auto-start in this folder. You can press and hold <alt> while dragging the program icon into this folder in order to create a startup shortcut.
5) once you have finished, close the folder.
6) Reboot your machine and it should automagically login and start up all your programs.

.. Happy Automation!!!

Jeff
747sim

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually did mine slightly differently:

Auto login:

1/ First step is to open Run command box by simultaneously pressing Windows logo and R keys (Windows+R). In the Run dialog box, type Netplwiz and then press Enter key.

2/ In the resulting User Accounts dialog, select your user account first and then uncheck the option labelled Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer. Click Apply button to see Automatically sign in box.

3/ In the Automatically sign in dialog, type your password and then re-enter the password to confirm the same.

4/ Finally, click OK button.

Auto program start:

I use a piece of free software called https://www.r2.com.au/page/products/show/startup-delayer/. This allows me to set a few seconds between each piece of software as they are dependant upon each other.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> Open Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: