Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
The place to meet and talk with fellow builders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sim-A Compatibility

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> Sim-Avionics Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sacrayton

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:05 pm    Post subject: Sim-A Compatibility Reply with quote

Reading release notes and presentation of the new 737Max Sim-A software, if I understand correctly, any hardware peripherals that can connect to the flight simulator (P3Dv4) via FSUIPC, is compatible with Sim-A. As an example: Sim-A makes no note regarding the center pedestal gauges. COM/NAV, Transponder, WX Radar, etc. If I were to build a center pedestal with I/O cards that can communicate with P3Dv4 via FSUIPC, everything should work? And I assume that the same would be for TQ, FWD and AFT OVHD as well. Just pulling straws here.

Stephen
Question
MarkHastings

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Yes you are able to assign FSUIPC offsets to input/output functions in the Server.
The assignments are held in \Server\FSUIPC_IO.ini (Also editable via the FSUIPC I/O Interface tab on the Server)

For example in the IO file you would assign any spare offsets to functions :
[FSUIPC_INPUTS]
FUEL_PUMP_LEFT_FWD_SWITCH=5300
TCAS_MODE_SWITCH=5301

The FSUIPC inputs must be enabled via the checkbox on the Server Control Panel Tab.

The Server will then monitor the values in the assigned offsets.
So if the value in x5300 = 1 the Fuel pump will switch ON

The Radios and XPNDR freqs can be interfaced with P3D in the usual way. Nothing special is required there.
Just a few additional functions - like the TCAS Mode etc.

Outputs are assigned in a similar way :
[FSUIPC_OUTPUTS]
OH_FUEL_PUMP_LEFT_FWD=5925
OH_FUEL_PUMP_LEFT_AFT=5926b0

The Server would populate the assigned offset with a 1 or 0 for the annunciator and "your" software would monitor the value and set the light accordingly.
Note : you can assign full offsets or particular bits in the offset to a function.
sacrayton

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark,

Thank you very much for the reply. I look forward to further guidance from you and the FDS team.

Regards,

Stephen
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> Sim-Avionics Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: