Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
The place to meet and talk with fellow builders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

After Landing Steering

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> Sim-Avionics Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DubaiDave

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:23 am    Post subject: After Landing Steering Reply with quote

I have Saitek Rudder pedals as part of a Jetmax 777 setup.
Before Take off Steering is fine through the pedals but after landing the movement is very restricted in comparison and turning circle is much reduced.

Is this normal? Should I be releasing something or changing something to bring back pedal steering post landing?

Still Learning - Many thanks Very Happy
jackpilot
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ground steering is usually done with the tiller and rudders can only make some minor adjustments.
Rudders become more effective with speed (take off and landing) as they act on the vertical fin of the tail.

My2cents
Jack
cstei255

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DubaiDave:

IMHO one thing to consider - I too had Saitek rudder pedals for my JetMax setup - it seemed that on all of the things I should spend money on that one was near the bottom - besides the Saitek stuff worked.

But since then I have upgraded and let me tell you what a significant difference it makes - I was really surprised - it falls under 'you don't know what you don't know'. Not saying the Saitek stuff is bad - but I am saying that the there are others that are much better. I realize that nothing is free so saving up a bit in this case could be well worth it - MFG makes a good set and Peter's set are even much better I'm sure - trust me it makes all the difference in the world.

Just a thought - happy flying!

Chuck
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> Sim-Avionics Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: