Latest progress on the Yorkshire 737 Sim

A showcase of Projects based around Flightdeck Solutions customers. FDS customers are welcome to post their work.
Please contact pcos@flightdecksolutions.com for photo updating and posting if you require assistance.

Moderator: Jetcos

zillmer99

Latest progress on the Yorkshire 737 Sim

Post by zillmer99 »

Hi all,

I thought it was about time to post an update on progress on the sim. The main focus of work over the last few months has been the completion of the rear bulkhead, following on from the installation of the FDS Circuit Breaker walls. Spurred on by the purchase of an OEM observer seat, I've now completed this, bar some cosmetic items. The focus has been on the 'inside' experience, so the outside view is relatively rustic!

A few photos are attached to show some detail:

The outside of the new rear bulkhead

View in to the flght deck from the door

View from the first officer's seat looking back. Mrs K will be fashioning some replica cushions to complete the second jumpseat. It's not clear on the photo, but there is a gap between the rear of the circuit breaker wall and the jumpseat wall, replicating the Wardrobe/Cupboard in the real aircraft.

View from the captain's seat showing the observer seat stowed in the bulkhead.

Observer seat deployed:

The cockpit door I made from scratch, and I am gradually 'prettying' it up , adding in some decals, a mirror is on order, and I am designing some replica latches and things to be 3d printed.

The other main area of further work is to add in a third intercom card from Ruscool and a set of sockets to provide audio/intercom functionality for the observer.

The feeling of immersion now that the flight deck is fully enclosed is fantastic.

It will get it's first full tryout next weekend when a good friend is bringing over a friend of his who is an aviation nut and armchair pilot.

Cheers all

Simon

jackpilot
Site Admin

Post by jackpilot »

Real nice
Nearly same volume as my galley project...I built the crew seat from scratch and will eventually switch for a real one...Those on EBay right now are too exp.
Enclosing is a real plus, Good for dust too.
Have fun , thanks for sharing.
Jack
Jack
Full B737-800 DSTD/Sim-Avionics P3d4
ALL FDS & OEMs (+custom TQ)

Jetcos

Post by Jetcos »

Great job Simon, 2 thumbs up!
Steve Cos
Vice President and Tech Support
Flightdeck Solutions (FDS)

Michael_B767_ATP

Post by Michael_B767_ATP »

Hi,

Now that is looking REAL NICE!

jackpilot
Site Admin

Post by jackpilot »

Seems like the ultimate is now going backwards to the tail...can imagine that very soon 1st Class seats will be at a premium on EBay, followed by a business section and a few economy rows.....
Just joking and enjoying the whole idea!!

PS : having only 8 feet behind my galley now...might be tight!
Jack
Full B737-800 DSTD/Sim-Avionics P3d4
ALL FDS & OEMs (+custom TQ)