Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
The place to meet and talk with fellow builders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PMDG 737-800

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> Sim-Avionics Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gsumner

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:21 pm    Post subject: PMDG 737-800 Reply with quote

I fancy buying a 737-800 from PMDG and using it with my JetMax. Has anyone managed to get them working together. Is therea guide on how to do this anywhere.

Graham
MichaelYSSY

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graham

Good luck with that.
I asked a similar question a while back.
The answer I got back then was that Sim Avionics is not will not work with PMDG.
There is however a program available that will let you use some of the FDS hardware with PMDG.

I downloaded that program from the SimA download section but never did try to set it up. I got sort of confused as to how I would set up all the displays? I have these set up on networked computers away for Flight Sim Program, not really sure if PMDG can be networked?

It all got too confusingly difficult so I just gave up.

Let me know if you make anything of it.

Cheers
Michael
pcos
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys,
Sim-Avionics is a complete network capable avionics package that simulates the aircraft.... (as you know)...
PMDG is a complete aircraft add package that integrates into P3D....
Big difference...
As great as PMDG is as an add on, it was never designed to be used in the way Sim-A is. Purpose design for what we are all doing here.
I always used the expression; “getting off the desk”... likely 90% of our customers came our way after years of flying PMDG and enjoying all the systems and intricacies... it is the perfect product for that.
It’s much like the CBT Training pilots have prior to actual sim time...
Peter
Flightdeck Solutions (FDS)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> Sim-Avionics Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: