Spoilers ARM 777 wrong deploy - (RESOLVED)

This section of the Sim-A Forum is for support issues.
Only a few Clear Rules Here:
1. No Rants. Rants will be deleted and the poster contacted. All focus here is to assist in the spreading of information to better assist all Sim-A users. Most of the people helping are not paid employees.
2. Be Polite. We want all Sim-A users to experience the fantastic elements that make Sim-A what it is. Being able to communicate here will allow the info to be the focus.
3. Time. We do not have someone on the Forum 24/7 so please allow members to jump in to help when needed.
4. Most important. This is not a "Issue" forum. If you feel there is an issue then please email support@sim-Avionics.com and Mark will review that. This is a commercial product and erroneous reports do harm.

Moderators: Jetcos, MarkHastings

musicflieger

Spoilers ARM 777 wrong deploy - (RESOLVED)

Post by musicflieger »

Hello simmers,

this minor (?) problem has been driving me mad for hours now:

Sim-A 1.95
Sim-A B777-200ER latest ver.
P3d v4.5
FSUIPC 5.152

Spoiler axis (Saitek TQ for the moment) assigned in FSUIPC and calibtated as needed: set min / set max / set middle as ARM position - about 50% above mech. center of axis with DIY detentes.

Looking good in the eicas - the text SPEEDBRAKES ARMED appears when selected and disappears when set to off.

But actually in the FCTL display the spoilers are already deployed a bit when only set to ARMED position - on ground as well as during a test flight in FL250. I´ve reduced as far as the spoilers are not seen any more in the model outside view and on the FCTL, but then also the "SPEEDBRAKES ARMED text in the eicas disappears!

I have calibrated several times in Windows game contr. as well as in FSUIPC, tried the assignment with all 6 axes of my 2 TQs... always the same result, so it is surely not a pot-failure.
Also to mention: All axis and button assignments removed from P3d! (except STRG + C for quit)

I´m out of ideas now, please can anybody help my brain into the right way!!!

Thanks in advance for every hint!
Last edited by musicflieger on Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alex M.
LOWS and LOWW
Austria

jackpilot
Site Admin

Post by jackpilot »

Did you define a null zone around the arm position ?
Jack
Full B737-800 DSTD/Sim-Avionics P3d4
ALL FDS & OEMs (+custom TQ)

musicflieger

Post by musicflieger »

Hi Jack,
thx for reply.

Maybe that is the issue, NO - I didn´t define a null zone as I have no idea how to.

As mentioned:
* Controllers are calibrated in Win10 and work ok without any problem.
* Axis assigned and calibrated in FSUIPC as desired: lever up = -16..... / lever down = +16..... / "Center is at about -8000 due to the detent ARM guide.

But I can´t find any null-zone to be defined in FSUIPC calib... but I see two values for center pos - is it that to be done? HOW? I´ve truely been reading FSUIPC manual about that in FSUIPC manual on pg.48, lowest chapter several times but the more I read the more I get confused......

It says: "if the 2 ctr calib values are the same there is no arming action taken..."

OK, Arming action is taken in my case at the desired point. But also the spoilers are deployed about 10% (by eye). When I reduce the lever to the point where SPLs are down also the Arming is gone.

Could you please give me a kick to wake my mind, Jack?

Thanks so far...
Alex M.
LOWS and LOWW
Austria

musicflieger

Post by musicflieger »

Latest update: I figured out how to create a NULL zone around the ARMED position (according to P.Dowson´s manual).

actual data now in FSUIPC:

AXIS set as SPOILERS - to FSUIPC calibration

-16257 = SPL OFF (lever up)
-11483 -9480 = SPL ARMED (FSUIPC center deadzone, lever detent at about 10200, surely within the deadzone)
+16370 = SPL FULL

But still there is the problem that the spoilers start to deploy right after pulling the lever just 1mm down from OFF position, to a value of about -15000. But they should not raise before -9840 in my config, correct???

As mentioned: Seems to look great in the EICAS - function ok, but when checking MFD-FCTL and the outside A/C view I can see the SPLs deploy at about -15000 FSUIPC value (on ground and airborne)

The axis was redone (cleared, reassigned and calibrated) several times even with Windows restarted, but the result stays the same. My last hope is to delete FSUIPC.ini to restore a clean FSUIPC, but I´m not sure if it would help... as ALL OTHER FUNCTIONS in FSUIPC are ok

So I hope somebody out there can give me a bit of guidance to solve my issue.
Alex M.
LOWS and LOWW
Austria

musicflieger

Post by musicflieger »

Another update, still no success with spoiler arming in my 777

I´ve deleted fsuipc.ini in the P3d PC and did a complete reassign of all switches and axis. Before that I´ve of course rechecked that no axis was assigned in P3d...
Also INTERNAL FLIGHT CONTROLS is unchecked in the server.

Everything works fine: FLTCTRS, Trims, all switches, 4 GoFlight button and switch modules and the flaps with a DIY detentes-mask - just the Speedbrakes don´t follow the rules assigned.

The behavior is the same like before the reassignment:
As soon as the "ARMED" is displayed in the EICAS the spoilers are already deployed about 5-10% - looks like they just follow a linear curve of the lever, without noticing the Center calibration of FSUIPC.
To check about other assignments of the axix I cancelled it in FSUIPC and the SPLs stopped working.

So I´m "happy" ??? to announce that this topic is still open for any hints of the community to solve my issue...

Happy landings to everyone! :lol:
Alex M.
LOWS and LOWW
Austria

musicflieger

Post by musicflieger »

YESSSSSSS... Finally I was able to solve it today!

This is my solution and it works great... for those who are interested: (hope to explain the right way, I´m not perfect in English)
All my control axis are assigned via FSUIPC
I have to use my "old" Saitek TQs until better equipment will arrive, but this solution surely works for any other Joystick as well.
My TQs are equipped with DIY detent masks to provide at least a minimum of "real-world" feeling, and the flaps work pretty fine.

The tricky thing about arming speedbrakes: as soon as they are armed they are also deployed. (I´ve read somewhere that this is an exclusive feature in P3d only, not in FSX) The CENTER DEADZONE didn´t help , just shifted the point up or down the lever.

1. In SIM-A FSUIPC I/O INTERFACE tab assign a free offset to SPEEDBRAKE_ARMED= (5305 in my case)

2. In the axis assignment tab move the lever to the desired ARMED position and create one single RANGE around the ARMED position, UP and DOWN boxes checked (FROM -8000 TO -7000, in my case)

3. In the same tab use the offset from point 1. as follows: check CONTROL SENT WHEN RANGE ENTERED on,(offset byte set) value=1 and check CONTROL SENT WHE RANGE EXITED on, (offset byte set) value=0

4. Select as SPOILERS and check DIRECTLY TO FSUIPC CALIBRATION on.

5. In FSUIPC CALIBRATION the spoiler axis needs to be calibrated higher than the Range value created before, (e.g. -6500 to 16200 in my case). Both CENTER values must be the same, between max and min! This disables FSUIPC internal ARMING command

The result on a joystick axis from about -16000 to +16000 is (in my case):

-16000 to -8000 = Speedbrakes disarmed and down
-8000 to -7000 = Speedbrakes armed and down (uses the assigned offset byte)
-6500 to +16000 = Normal range of Speedbrakes deployment (normal axis movement)

I hope that my explanation is not too complicated, but I´m not a professional in PC stuff. And if just one person in the community could find some help in my post then it was worth the typing work and I am happy...

Clear skies and safe landings to all of you!
Alex M.
LOWS and LOWW
Austria

dajetking777

Re: Spoilers ARM 777 wrong deploy - (RESOLVED)

Post by dajetking777 »

Alex
I’m experiencing the same issue you described. I’m not able to fix the issue. Maybe we can chat offline to see what I’m doing wrong ??
Doug R
777 Jetmax + overhead
CPU I-6700 / 4.0Ghz
GPU GTX 1080
2 - 40" computer monitors
P3Dv4.5
Sim A 1.966

musicflieger

Post by musicflieger »

dajetking777 wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:54 pm
Alex
I’m experiencing the same issue you described. I’m not able to fix the issue. Maybe we can chat offline to see what I’m doing wrong ??
Hey Doug,
still having trouble with SPL´s???
Haven´t been online quite some time so I couldn´t see your request!

Alex
Alex M.
LOWS and LOWW
Austria

dajetking777

Post by dajetking777 »

Hi Alex. Yes, I’m still experiencing the same issue. Any ideas ?
Doug R
777 Jetmax + overhead
CPU I-6700 / 4.0Ghz
GPU GTX 1080
P3Dv4.5
Sim A 1.966

musicflieger

Post by musicflieger »

Hi Doug,
  • have you tried the way I´ve described in my earlier post? - This still works fine for me! - Still using those Saitek Throttles...
  • What kind of TQ (Spoiler lever) do you use?
What do you mean with "chat offline"?
Alex M.
LOWS and LOWW
Austria

dajetking777

Post by dajetking777 »

Hello. I’m using the jetmax throttle quadrant. I have a 777 jetmax from flight deck solutions. When I move the speed brake lever to the armed position, I see the value in fsuipc go down to 6700. I believe this is the issue - it shouldn’t go down that far. I can’t program the null zone because of this. I tried your solution but it didn’t work.
When I say chat offline, I mean using email instead of the forum.

Thx. Doug
Doug R
777 Jetmax + overhead
CPU I-6700 / 4.0Ghz
GPU GTX 1080
P3Dv4.5
Sim A 1.966

musicflieger

Post by musicflieger »

Hey Doug,

I´m not familiar with Jetmax components, almost my entire flightstand is DIY made...
Tell me how the Jetmax TQ is connected:
  • Is it connected "directly" to SIM-A PC using internal controls? - sorry,I have no experience with that :(
  • or is the connection via USB to P3d PC using FSUIPC offsets? - yes, we can arrange offline maintenance :wink:
Alex
Alex M.
LOWS and LOWW
Austria

dajetking777

Post by dajetking777 »

Hi Alex.

The setup is the second point - USB to P3D using FSUIPC. Thx Doug
Doug R
777 Jetmax + overhead
CPU I-6700 / 4.0Ghz
GPU GTX 1080
P3Dv4.5
Sim A 1.966

kand

Post by kand »

dajetking777 wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:10 pm
Hello. I’m using the jetmax throttle quadrant. I have a 777 jetmax from flight deck solutions. When I move the speed brake lever to the armed position, I see the value in fsuipc go down to 6700. I believe this is the issue - it shouldn’t go down that far. I can’t program the null zone because of this. I tried your solution but it didn’t work.
When I say chat offline, I mean using email instead of the forum.

Thx. Doug
Clear out your windows registry HID values using this. Sometimes the previous calibrations get messed up and windows cant see the full range

http://www.simracinghub.com/rFactor2/pl ... rCalib.exe

MichaelYSSY

Post by MichaelYSSY »

Hi

Have a search in the forum there are a number of Spoilers/Speed Brake topics that relate to this.
This one might be what is related to your topic (I think) if not maybe have a look at remainder.

https://www.flightdecksolutions.com/for ... f=8&t=6858

Michael
SSTD 737
Sim-Avionics v1.96
P3D 4.5/5.0 HF1
FSUIPC 6.0.8