Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
Technical Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NGXu Setup Info
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hogdriver

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:44 pm    Post subject: NGXu Setup Info Reply with quote

I have a Jetmax CDU and MCP / EFIS unit and was wondering if there would be a new driver coming out soon? The buttons, switches, and knobs all seem to work but the displays do not. I know this (NGXu) just came out and my question is more of curiosity if there is a driver coming out for this or has anybody found a way to make them work that I don't know about. Thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing from you.

PS Not sure if this is the correct location to ask about this so if it's not please let me know, again thank you.
pcos
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryan,
We only heard of this new package Yesterday actually.
We will do our best to see what we can align. Several major projects underway here so need to find a slot to fit this into.
Peter
Flightdeck Solutions (FDS)
Hogdriver

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Peter for the response. Yea I figured you hadn't done anything for it as well since it did just pop up and surprised everybody I'm guessing. No rush I will check back often and will wait patiently. If there is anything I can do to help you with, please do not hesitate to ask.

Big Fan
pcos
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has been suggested that there is an SDK for this new version.
If someone can look in the new folder this variant created, we would need to see what is there. If someone can connect with me on this via email I can discuss.
Peter
Flightdeck Solutions (FDS)
Hogdriver

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check e-mail when you get a moment.
bob34

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Ok, I'll be the first I guess NGXu drivers Reply with quote

Hogdriver wrote:
I have a Jetmax CDU and MCP / EFIS unit and was wondering if there would be a new driver coming out soon? The buttons, switches, and knobs all seem to work but the displays do not. I know this (NGXu) just came out and my question is more of curiosity if there is a driver coming out for this or has anybody found a way to make them work that I don't know about. Thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing from you.

PS Not sure if this is the correct location to ask about this so if it's not please let me know, again thank you.

Hi Ryan. In the meantime while we wait for the interface, have you been able to find the right x/y settings to trim the bezel off the FMC in the panel.cfg?

I'm almost there, but not quite perfect. I still have some of the bitmap showing on the bottom and can't seem to remove it without messing something else up.

gauge00=PMDG_737NGXu!CDU, -82.5,-150,550,1725,L #0

Bob
Hogdriver

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Bob, No I haven't. I can't get the screen to come on so i haven't dove into that one yet, also working a lot. I will probably play with that on Friday but yea I have the same thing as well. but I just copied the same settings from the original program for the NGX. I'll let you know if I find it.
bob34

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hogdriver wrote:
Hey Bob, No I haven't. I can't get the screen to come on so i haven't dove into that one yet, also working a lot. I will probably play with that on Friday but yea I have the same thing as well. but I just copied the same settings from the original program for the NGX. I'll let you know if I find it.

Thanks Ryan.

By the way - one way to get the screen on is to load the NGX, start the FDS software, then load the NGXu and everything works fine.

I think the crux of the problem is the DC-Power. In the NGX this in "on". In the NGXu this is "off".

If I start with the NGX, then swap to the NGXu the power state stays on.

BD

https://prnt.sc/pw6d78
https://prnt.sc/pw6d78
twisted8

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you bob34. That work around worked for me (MCP/EFIS/CDU) Seem to be working with the NGXu.
Glad FDS is looking into this!
Hogdriver

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everybody, all good stuff. It's nice to see a productive post in a forum for a change LOL. I will take a stab at the window settings tomorrow and if I find a magic number I will share it here.
twisted8

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is working well for me for the CDU:

Code:

//
// CDU (Left)
//
[Window01]
Background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=385,600
position=8
visible=0
ident=402
window_size= 0.201, 0.500
window_pos= 0.000, 0.000
zorder=99

gauge00=PMDG_737NGXu!CDU,  -90,-108,570,1745,L #0

bob34

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

twisted8 wrote:
This is working well for me for the CDU:

Thank you Fabian. The settings were perfect.
Hogdriver

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Thanks Fabian, copied those and the are perfect for the CDU. And yes if you start with the NGX and then switch to the NGXu the hardware will get response from the SIM, partly. The CDU is great except the "EXEC" light will not light up when prompted, it still works but just light receiving the prompt.

I also noticed if I change views the MCP/EFIS system will default back to the original display (100 knots - 000 heading - 10,000 ALT) along with some other lights not displaying, is anyone else seeing this?

I saw the Title of this was switched to "solved" I really do hope Peter and the crew are still going to work on this. I know they have a lot going on so I'm sure it will be a while and that's fine, just nervous seeing that.
twisted8

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem Ryan!
I'm seeing similar issues as well. I can confirm the exec led in the CDU doesn't work. the MCP is pretty wacky. I see the Heading is out of sync and the A/T Arn solenoid doesn't seem to work either. I have the 737-MX-MCP
I'm with you on this one, will be patiently waiting for an update from FDS. Really hoping it works out but yeah doesn't sounds like a very straight forward fix for the MCP.
twisted8

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and of course it all still works great with the regular 737NG. Wish PMDG didn't change the SDK so much. But I think it's worth noting that it looks like this is what they will be using with FS2020 so also hoping this will give us some future compatibility with FS2020.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: