Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
Technical Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MIP PR0-MX Parts
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> Open Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ed

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:17 pm    Post subject: MIP PR0-MX Parts Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

I've recently acquired an Pr0-MX MIP from a fellow user overseas. Sadly it has acquired a huge amount of damage from shipping. Most things I will be able to repair..others will be questionable or difficult. Anyways, this isn't the topic of my question but I shared the info because I'll probably need some help getting things in order Smile

I have a piece that I can't identify and i'm not sure where it goes. I will enclose a picture if someone knows where it goes please drop me a line. I haven't heard from the seller in a few days so asking here.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vl76l6kxxhjim3b/20191214_165712.jpg?dl=0
Garys

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its a shelf for the MIP that sits in behind the cdu bay.

If you scroll down the page here you will see where it goes and how it can be used to utilize power supplies and interface cards

http://737ng-sim.com/projects/main-instrument-panel-mip/
Ed

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perfect! Thanks alot Gary.
Ed

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:21 am    Post subject: Next Issue - Damage to landing gear Reply with quote

Hi All,

So I've been working away fixing small items like separated encoder switches, bent pints, broken monitor bezel panes. I'm now moved to the landing gear lever. The top end was bent badly and the wheel broke inside the tube. I removed the annunciators and straightened the panel as best I could and put the annunciators back in place. The problem now is the wheel. I am going to try and glue it. Not sure though if glue will hold as this is a heavy use item. Does anyone know of a source for these wheel knobs. I haven't asked Peter yet but will later on if I can't fix. What glue would you use? Any suggestions here gladly accepted. I'll try and get some working links to pictures.https://www.dropbox.com/s/wqtmamx1hye6me0/20191214_150025.jpg?dl=0
Garys

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

talk to Steve or Pete and see if they can help. As the knob is turning yellow it looks to be cast from polyester resin and the best thing to use would be a small amount of epoxy resin.

My first choice would be to talk to the guys at FDS.
My second choice would be to glue the knob back together using epoxy, fix any imperfections then mold and cast a new one from a cheap kit you can buy at the hobby store.
Ed

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Garys wrote:
talk to Steve or Pete and see if they can help. As the knob is turning yellow it looks to be cast from polyester resin and the best thing to use would be a small amount of epoxy resin.

My first choice would be to talk to the guys at FDS.
My second choice would be to glue the knob back together using epoxy, fix any imperfections then mold and cast a new one from a cheap kit you can buy at the hobby store.

Hi Gary,

Thanks for the tips. I looked around for what I thought was a good glue and glued the three pieces back together. I didn't trust the glue to hold so I inserted two screws down into the meat of the wheel..somewhat like a dentist does in a root canal when he inserts a post. This seems to be holding pretty good so far, but in the end I think the best idea would be to cast another one if FDS doesn't have it as a stock item.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4fpsen4fz27d772/20191218_102525.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xlbj8yyh6dev03k/20191218_102536.jpg?dl=0
Ed

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

MIP slowly coming together. CDU Bay is assembled but I have 4 pieces that I'm not sure what to do with or if they are needed. They are left and right CDU Brackets. I'm guessing they are for adjusting the height of the CDU? I notice in the Photos That Gary sent in a previous post that these brackets weren't installed. My CDU seems to sit nicely down on the rails so I wonder if I need these at all?
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mvkeh9ahj0n9ggf/AAC1AGa_-mRmizXqdw5hPYu6a?dl=0
jackpilot
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they are meant for use if you do not have the Dzus railing.
To be confirmed (memory ?)

Ed

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhh ok..that makes sense. Thanks Jack Smile
Jetcos

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those brackets were for the very early CDU's that did not use DZUS fasteners or rails. The CDU sat on those brackets. There were also spacers back the day because of the large PSOne screen that was used.

Aaahh the good old days...
Ed

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Steve. One ..or 4 less items to worry on. Smile Will be contacting you or Peter in the New Year before I place my order for a chat session on what things I'll need to complete the interfacing of the MIP. For sure I'll need a System 4 card. I'm thinking I need the IBL board as well. I do have the wiring harness which should plug into the various boards. I have two dimmer pots, but will probably need more? A GS 55 controller as well as I have two flight illusion gauges, and a FDS FC1 Card for pots I think? Not sure what that board does exactly but I think used for ordinary pot switches to control lighting. I'm using Prosim but I don't think that should cause any problems.

Thanks for your comments,
jackpilot
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The FC1 is a super joystick card, Pots and buttons
Handy for throttle quad and tiller as well as pedestal gizmos (WX radar etc)
Ed

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Jack. I was wondering what that was.
Ed

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:47 pm    Post subject: Couple more questions Reply with quote

The MIP construction is coming along nicely. I've been swamped over the Christmas season. Still working on Overhead as well as a set of OEM yokes.

Question one. The mip did not come with interface cards. It did come with several dimmer switches and the wiring harness. On the harness there are quite a few terminals with 10 connections and I notice on the Sys X4 board the terminals are of 9 connections. I don't quite understand how these connectors would connect to the 9 pin SYST 4X board. The six connector terminals I think I should be able to figure out.

There are also many 4 terminal connections. This one is easy. I believe they are for IBL lighting. I think easiest way to connect would be to purchase the IBL board.

One last query if I may. The Lower EICS screen that came with this MIP is far too small for my liking. It's 9 inches by 4 inches. I'm looking for something that is a better fit for the CDU Bay. I wonder if anyone would or could share the dimensions of the correct size of monitor to fit ? The ones I see online are all 10 by 7 or 11.6 x 7 so I'm confused as to which size is best to use as 7 inches just seems a bit too narrow.
jackpilot
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ed

I use this type of monitor in portrait

It is a 10" but in 4X3 format (not wide)
Got it on EBay monitor for security system. Color 1024X768
You can see on the pic below that it does not fill the whole frame but it is totally acceptable, and it is flush with TQ box at the bottom.

OR (my previous Sim)
If you use one CDU only and a dummy on the right side, you may use a 12" 4X3 and adjust the image so that it fills the whole lower display

10" 4 X 3
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Eyoyo-10-inch-HDMI-LCD-Monitor-IPS-HD-1024x768-4-3-with-BNC-HDMI-VGA-AV-Input/254403521080?hash=item3b3ba1aa38:g:oGIAAOSw5nxdMPoB

https://www.ebay.com/itm/10-Inch-IPS-HDMI-Monitor-1024x768-with-BNC-HDMI-VGA-AV-for-CCTV-TV-stick-FPV-PC/283655303299?hash=item420b2c7083:g:DNQAAOSwogNdO0tu

https://www.ebay.com/itm/10-inch-1024-x-768-LCD-Color-Monitor-CCTV-Security-Surveillance-Monitor/193069836889?hash=item2cf3dbea59:m:mkFFup51UZbLc8WQMjFR6lA
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> Open Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: