Undocking CDU PMDG with SLI issue (Resolved)

Dedicated to The Support of All Flightdeck Solutions, Ltd Products

Moderators: Curtis, Jetcos

Shylock_7

Undocking CDU PMDG with SLI issue (Resolved)

Post by Shylock_7 »

So new customer here and first post here. Let me start by saying the two products I have bought from FDS, man they’re amazing. The quality of these components is by far the best I’ve ever seen in our community. I bought the 737 CDU and 737 Oxygen panel to start getting more detailed for my simply.

I use p3dv4.5 with the hotfix on a high end system. My PC specs are:

CPU- i7-8086k delided overclocked to a tested stable 5.2 ghz water cooled so highest temps under heavy load hit about 62 degrees.
GPU- EVGA 1080ti FTW in SLI not overclocked
RAM- CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 32 GB DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3000 in XMP
Motherboard- ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC)
Monitor- LG 32UD59-B 32" 4K UHD LED Monitor, running at 3840 x 2160

So my problem is that while in the PMDG 737NG once I undock the CDU my FPS goes from a solid 60 locked FPS down to 5-6 FPS. I close the undocked CDU and FPS goes right back up to a solid 60. So after some messing around and testing I found by disabling SLI I don’t experience the FPS drop when undocking the window and moving it to the FDS CDU. But running on one card cause a slide show and makes it un-flyable.

Anybody else run SLI and ever experience this before and found a work around?

Shylock_7

Post by Shylock_7 »

So after a lot of trial and error it’s still a no go for me running with SLI and my cdu. I’m at a loss. Can’t find anything on the net either. What are the display settings you guys use in Nvidia control panel for the cdu and your main monitor???

Jetcos

Post by Jetcos »

We usually plug in the CDU and then you hve 2 monitors. Flightsim on one and the other for the CDU. The resolution is either 800 x 600 or 1024 x 768.

If you are running multiple FS displays are you trying to add a 4th monitor?
Steve Cos
Vice President and Tech Support
Flightdeck Solutions (FDS)

Shylock_7

Post by Shylock_7 »

Thank you for your reply Steve. I’m only running my main monitor and the CDU on my top 1080ti. I matched the refresh rate to both 75 and still huge FPS loss when undocking the PMDG 737 CDU and dragging it down to my FDS CDU.

Shylock_7

Post by Shylock_7 »

So after months of trial and error I finally got it working with my system in SLI and I’m falling in love with simming again. Turned out in my nvidia settings I had to change antialiasing mode to enhance application setting and antialiasing setting to SLI 16X. Runs like a champ now.