NGXu Setup Info

Dedicated to The Support of All Flightdeck Solutions, Ltd Products

Moderators: Curtis, Jetcos

Hogdriver

NGXu Setup Info

Post by Hogdriver »

I have a Jetmax CDU and MCP / EFIS unit and was wondering if there would be a new driver coming out soon? The buttons, switches, and knobs all seem to work but the displays do not. I know this (NGXu) just came out and my question is more of curiosity if there is a driver coming out for this or has anybody found a way to make them work that I don't know about. Thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing from you.

PS Not sure if this is the correct location to ask about this so if it's not please let me know, again thank you.
Ryan Gann

pcos
Site Admin

Post by pcos »

Ryan,
We only heard of this new package Yesterday actually.
We will do our best to see what we can align. Several major projects underway here so need to find a slot to fit this into.
Peter

Hogdriver

Post by Hogdriver »

Thank you Peter for the response. Yea I figured you hadn't done anything for it as well since it did just pop up and surprised everybody I'm guessing. No rush I will check back often and will wait patiently. If there is anything I can do to help you with, please do not hesitate to ask.

Big Fan
Ryan Gann

pcos
Site Admin

Post by pcos »

It has been suggested that there is an SDK for this new version.
If someone can look in the new folder this variant created, we would need to see what is there. If someone can connect with me on this via email I can discuss.
Peter

Hogdriver

Post by Hogdriver »

Check e-mail when you get a moment.
Ryan Gann

bob34

Re: Ok, I'll be the first I guess NGXu drivers

Post by bob34 »

Hogdriver wrote:I have a Jetmax CDU and MCP / EFIS unit and was wondering if there would be a new driver coming out soon? The buttons, switches, and knobs all seem to work but the displays do not. I know this (NGXu) just came out and my question is more of curiosity if there is a driver coming out for this or has anybody found a way to make them work that I don't know about. Thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing from you.

PS Not sure if this is the correct location to ask about this so if it's not please let me know, again thank you.
Hi Ryan. In the meantime while we wait for the interface, have you been able to find the right x/y settings to trim the bezel off the FMC in the panel.cfg?

I'm almost there, but not quite perfect. I still have some of the bitmap showing on the bottom and can't seem to remove it without messing something else up.

gauge00=PMDG_737NGXu!CDU, -82.5,-150,550,1725,L #0

Bob

Hogdriver

Post by Hogdriver »

Hey Bob, No I haven't. I can't get the screen to come on so i haven't dove into that one yet, also working a lot. I will probably play with that on Friday but yea I have the same thing as well. but I just copied the same settings from the original program for the NGX. I'll let you know if I find it.
Ryan Gann

bob34

Post by bob34 »

Hogdriver wrote:Hey Bob, No I haven't. I can't get the screen to come on so i haven't dove into that one yet, also working a lot. I will probably play with that on Friday but yea I have the same thing as well. but I just copied the same settings from the original program for the NGX. I'll let you know if I find it.
Thanks Ryan.

By the way - one way to get the screen on is to load the NGX, start the FDS software, then load the NGXu and everything works fine.

I think the crux of the problem is the DC-Power. In the NGX this in "on". In the NGXu this is "off".

If I start with the NGX, then swap to the NGXu the power state stays on.

BD

https://prnt.sc/pw6d78
https://prnt.sc/pw6d78

twisted8

Post by twisted8 »

thank you bob34. That work around worked for me (MCP/EFIS/CDU) Seem to be working with the NGXu.
Glad FDS is looking into this!
- Fabian

Hogdriver

Post by Hogdriver »

Thanks everybody, all good stuff. It's nice to see a productive post in a forum for a change LOL. I will take a stab at the window settings tomorrow and if I find a magic number I will share it here.
Ryan Gann

twisted8

Post by twisted8 »

This is working well for me for the CDU:

Code: Select all

//
// CDU (Left)
//
[Window01]
Background_color=0,0,0 
size_mm=385,600
position=8
visible=0
ident=402
window_size= 0.201, 0.500
window_pos= 0.000, 0.000
zorder=99

gauge00=PMDG_737NGXu!CDU,  -90,-108,570,1745,L #0
- Fabian

bob34

Post by bob34 »

twisted8 wrote:This is working well for me for the CDU:
Thank you Fabian. The settings were perfect.

Hogdriver

Post by Hogdriver »

Yes Thanks Fabian, copied those and the are perfect for the CDU. And yes if you start with the NGX and then switch to the NGXu the hardware will get response from the SIM, partly. The CDU is great except the "EXEC" light will not light up when prompted, it still works but just light receiving the prompt.

I also noticed if I change views the MCP/EFIS system will default back to the original display (100 knots - 000 heading - 10,000 ALT) along with some other lights not displaying, is anyone else seeing this?

I saw the Title of this was switched to "solved" I really do hope Peter and the crew are still going to work on this. I know they have a lot going on so I'm sure it will be a while and that's fine, just nervous seeing that.
Ryan Gann

twisted8

Post by twisted8 »

No problem Ryan!
I'm seeing similar issues as well. I can confirm the exec led in the CDU doesn't work. the MCP is pretty wacky. I see the Heading is out of sync and the A/T Arn solenoid doesn't seem to work either. I have the 737-MX-MCP
I'm with you on this one, will be patiently waiting for an update from FDS. Really hoping it works out but yeah doesn't sounds like a very straight forward fix for the MCP.
- Fabian

twisted8

Post by twisted8 »

and of course it all still works great with the regular 737NG. Wish PMDG didn't change the SDK so much. But I think it's worth noting that it looks like this is what they will be using with FS2020 so also hoping this will give us some future compatibility with FS2020.
- Fabian