Pls help Connecting DIY motorized TQ to Autopilot

A forum for open discussions. Feel free to discuss any and all elements of Flightdeck Building. NB: This section is for individual builders to openly discuss issues that may or may not pertain to FDS. Organizations/Political Groups or Commercial Entities Will require approval prior to posting. Prior Approval From FDS required prior to posting items for sale. No Exceptions.

Moderators: Curtis, Jetcos

musicflieger

Pls help Connecting DIY motorized TQ to Autopilot

Post by musicflieger »

Hey folks,

after quite some months of pausing my sim I started building a DIY motorized TQ for my 777 deck.
But as a lack of knowledge I need some assistence in programming and assigning/interfacing servos to throttle commands...

got the all 3d printed TQ finished: the motorized Speedbrake lever and the motorized throttle levers are driven by high-torque RC servos and perform brilliant controlled via a POLOLU maestro card. (This is a 12 channel servo card which for example controls my brake pressure gauge via SYS Board interface)
This card should be enabled somehow to receive throttle signals from the A/P and control the THR-servos.
  • The controls will be connected via FDS-FC1 joystick-controller to the P3d PC, fairly easy,
  • the servos are connected via the POLOLU card to Sim-A PC
My question now:

How can I make the A/P control my throttles via my POLOLU card?

Is there a way in SYS Board Interface to any direct assignment (like in the gauges page) which I haven´t found yet?
I guess there must be a way via FSUIPC "commanded throttle" offsets ???... but I´m not so deep into FSUIPC yet :(

Any idea to start with would be great help!

Stay healthy!
Alex M.
LOWS and LOWW
Austria

crazydunc

Re: Pls help Connecting DIY motorized TQ to Autopilot

Post by crazydunc »

Alex,

The easiest way that springs to mind would be to create a small app that reads the commanded throttle position offset, and scales that to the range for the servos and throws that at the Polulu servo card. Sure someone else has done it before, so hopefully, they chime in. If you are any way comfortable with coding, there is a really useful FSUIPC.dll for C++/C# that allows you to access FSUIPC offsets.

Thats just off the top of my head. Im sure one of the more technical people will chime in shortly!

Dunc
Regards,

Dunc

musicflieger

Re: Pls help Connecting DIY motorized TQ to Autopilot

Post by musicflieger »

Yes Dunc,

that´s exactly what I mean... just that I don´t have the faintest idea how to do that.
As far as my mind goes the offsets for commanded throttles are accessible in the Sim-A server but man, I celebrated for two days after having realized how to use Multi Function offsets! But now I got stuck with this Little(?) problem :?
So if there isn`t any easier way I really hope to find a helpful soul for the coding!

The gate´s still open for any assistence possible!

But thanks so far for your thoughts Dunc!
Alex M.
LOWS and LOWW
Austria