nav light and strobes

This section of the Sim-A Forum is for support issues.
Only a few Clear Rules Here:
1. No Rants. Rants will be deleted and the poster contacted. All focus here is to assist in the spreading of information to better assist all Sim-A users. Most of the people helping are not paid employees.
2. Be Polite. We want all Sim-A users to experience the fantastic elements that make Sim-A what it is. Being able to communicate here will allow the info to be the focus.
3. Time. We do not have someone on the Forum 24/7 so please allow members to jump in to help when needed.
4. Most important. This is not a "Issue" forum. If you feel there is an issue then please email support@sim-Avionics.com and Mark will review that. This is a commercial product and erroneous reports do harm.

Moderators: Jetcos, MarkHastings

gsumner

nav light and strobes

Post by gsumner »

Never had much luck with being able to switch strobes and nav light on and off. They seem to work momentarily then stop.

Now we have PBR and vatsim models know and reflect your light settings I'd like to use them properly.

Which method are you using to control them and are there any pitfalls to watch out for :?:

Graham :?

jackpilot
Site Admin

Re: nav light and strobes

Post by jackpilot »

Hi Graham
Not sure about the outside view as I always "stay inside my cockpit" ..lol
Strobe and steady switch can basically always remain on steady when not in flight . The moment battery is switched on, nav lights come on, means there is some life form in the cockpit.
If electrical power is switched off nav lights turn off, which indicates from outside that the airplane is "very cold and very dark".
That switch is set to Strobe and steady when you enter the runway and back to steady when you get off the runway

Anti collision switch set to on warns ground of an imminent engine start. Off when engines cut off.

Logo and wings at night only
Jack
Full B737-800 DSTD/Sim-Avionics P3d4
ALL FDS & OEMs (+custom TQ)

gsumner

Post by gsumner »

Hi ,

I think you interpreted my request wrong. Its not what they are for its how to switch them on with SA.

Do you use FSUIPC and offsets or FSUIPC and fs command list or not use FSUIPC at all and just program them in on the option-controls menu.

I know what you mean about being inside your cockpit. Now however with reflections you should now be able to see your strobes and other lights bouncing of objects around you and hopefully one day clouds to.

Graham

jackpilot
Site Admin

Post by jackpilot »

You "triggered" my curiosity, I would say the switches are assigned in the sysboard controller.
Have to check that. :)

What would be nice (speaking of clouds) :get lighting reflection from the landing lights at night
Jack
Full B737-800 DSTD/Sim-Avionics P3d4
ALL FDS & OEMs (+custom TQ)

MichaelYSSY

Post by MichaelYSSY »

Hi ,

I think you interpreted my request wrong. Its not what they are for its how to switch them on with SA.

Do you use FSUIPC and offsets or FSUIPC and fs command list or not use FSUIPC at all and just program them in on the option-controls menu.

I know what you mean about being inside your cockpit. Now however with reflections you should now be able to see your strobes and other lights bouncing of objects around you and hopefully one day clouds to.

Graham
Graham, lights can be assigned through Sim Avionics Sysboard_Interface All Light Switch assignments are there.

Cheers
Michael
SSTD 737
Sim-Avionics v1.96
P3D 4.5/5.0 HF1
FSUIPC 6.0.8

Jetcos

Post by Jetcos »

Make sure you have latest aircraft and follow the read me file for settings inP3D and Sim-A. Not sure there is PBR functionality till Mark finds another flight model?
Steve Cos
Vice President and Tech Support
Flightdeck Solutions (FDS)

gsumner

Post by gsumner »

I have a few days off soon and that'll be my project. I'll let you know how I get on.

Thanks guys.
Graham